Spread Creamation Ashes

Scarab

Ever seen the movie "The Big Lebowski"? Make sure your not downwind if you're spreading them by hand!

But in the helicopter that may be the best thing to do, that would keep it away from the TR, scroll fan, etc. Hovering downwind isn't the idea in the first place, but it would solve some problems. Or fly way out of trim--lots of left pedal. You might be able to put it all in a folded up piece of fabric or some other carrier that would "unflutter" or open up when as it falls. Toss it from 1000 AGL to be safe.

Someone STCs a special spreader for airplanes. It fits in the little Piper vent window. It's suppose to keep it from sand blasting the paint down the side of the fuselage and in big, bold letter, "No blowback!"

Don't talk too much about this in public, I think you may have to have a license to do this in some states where it's really popular (CA, HI, etc.) They just want their cut since their not getting a burial license fee.

Ever seen the movie "The Big Lebowski"? Make sure your not downwind if you're spreading them by hand!

Or fly way out of trim--lots of left pedal.

Ha, great movie!

My vote would be for flying out of trim while you release the ashes.

-EDIT-

Or the packet idea could work too depending on what you use to hold the ashes...

Edited by AndrewT

We used to use small pvc or larger than garden hose about 3 to 4 feet in length, make sure it flexes. Put ashes in tube with cap on one end. Don't spill ashes. rig up a safety trip or flip top on other end, such as coat hangar and speed tape. this requires two in ac. the rest is easy. 50 to 70 kts. slip the ac. the rest is easy. Good luck

We use a long skinny Bag I got from the Hardware store made for masons for spreading

morter like laying bricks. I cut the bottom off and fill er up put a clip on the end usually in a 100Ft slow hover just above ETL and let her rip works good just be carefull keep it away from the intake well in the 44 that is a problem dumping from the Right side. GOOD LUCK.