Veteran's Day

If you really want to thank veterans, then vote for representatives who will vote to fund veterans' programs. The current administration has cut veterans benefits to the bone, and had planned to cut much more over the next 4 years, and then freeze all benefits forever. There are now thousands of disabled veterans from the current war sitting in limbo, with no job prospects, no hospitalization benefits, and no income. We're screwing them without Vaseline, using sand instead. It's easy to say a quick thank you once a year, but you really need to do more. Educate yourselves on the true policies, and hold your elected representatives to account. This is one issue I will never, ever forgive Bush and the other Republicans for.

If you really want to thank veterans, then vote for representatives who will vote to fund veterans' programs. The current administration has cut veterans benefits to the bone, and had planned to cut much more over the next 4 years, and then freeze all benefits forever. There are now thousands of disabled veterans from the current war sitting in limbo, with no job prospects, no hospitalization benefits, and no income. We're screwing them without Vaseline, using sand instead. It's easy to say a quick thank you once a year, but you really need to do more. Educate yourselves on the true policies, and hold your elected representatives to account. This is one issue I will never, ever forgive Bush and the other Republicans for.

Well said.

I have absolutely agree with you. I know a lot more now than I did years ago, especially with my fiance being a Veteran (Being deployed in some of the first waves into Iraq). It's absolutely ridiculous how much veterans get the screw job.