Anyone know how to register @ Kiowa Pilots . com?

Wanted to register there to post a question, but it said "Registration has been disabled by the admin. If you have an issue contact the admin." So I clicked contact the admin, and it took me to a page that said, "You must be logged in to view this page, please log in or click here to register." Want to guess what happened when I clicked register? Thats right, its disabled.

So is there like a secret code you have to type in, or is that site just not open to new members at all?

Hey Paul, I know you think folks here are ignoring you or blowing you off. I think the problem is that you're asking questions that have been asked and answered many, many times already.

Read the threads here, and at Kiowapilots.com and APTAP.org. Visit the USAREC website. Then feel free to ask some specific questions that might remain.

There are members here that are more than willing to help you, but you've got to put in a little effort on your own.

It might also help if you told members a little more about yourself, ie: Current military? Ratings held? Education? Age? Steps already taken?

Ok, well I'm 23, married, no kids, no proir military, and I'm trying to go WOFT. Just took my AFAST last week, got a 130, GT on the asvab was a 134, no previous flight training, I'm 5' 9 1/2", have 2 dogs, um what else, oh yeah, some college, but no degree, currently working as a draftsman/CAD operator.

Now that thats taken care of, I searched this forum and found no information about the Kiowa Pilots website, so I asked. I frequent a few forums for varying interest, including mountain biking, mustangs, and motorcycles. So I typically do a search before posting, because I know of the nusances of seeing the same question asked repeatedly. I dont know what information the USAREC website has on registering at Kiowa Pilots, but I feel like I have memorized that entire site sometimes. I actually wonder if you have me confused with another user, as you said my questions could be answered with a little looking. Because the only other thread authored by myself on this page is a simple request for a WO interview for a letter of recommendation. Being new to the military scene, I am trying any and all options to get in contact with as many WO's as I can. I have found that WO's are not a dime a dozen, and therefore I do not think that people are ignoring me, just that no WO's in the IN/KY border reigion have read me thread. It seems to me by the other post in this thread that I am also not the only person looking for an answer to this question. So if you can help, it would be appreciated, but if not, hopefully I have helped you understand my situation a little better.

BTW the reason I wanted to register at the other place, was to increase my chances of finding a WO. I do realize that I can still read threads, adn some have been very helpful, I just cannot become a registered user for whatever reason.

Hope I didn't come off as too harsh, I just have a hard time understanding the angle you are coming from.

Palmfish,

Why don't you let us in on your superior knowledge.

I can't tell if you're being acerbic or not. I'll assume you're not.

I am not a member of Kiowapilots.com. I don't know, and never claimed to know, anything about resolving problems with their website. Best of luck.

Ok, well I'm 23, married, no kids, no proir military, and I'm trying to go WOFT. Just took my AFAST last week, got a 130, GT on the asvab was a 134, no previous flight training, I'm 5' 9 1/2", have 2 dogs, um what else, oh yeah, some college, but no degree, currently working as a draftsman/CAD operator.

Now that thats taken care of, I searched this forum and found no information about the Kiowa Pilots website, so I asked. I frequent a few forums for varying interest, including mountain biking, mustangs, and motorcycles. So I typically do a search before posting, because I know of the nusances of seeing the same question asked repeatedly. I dont know what information the USAREC website has on registering at Kiowa Pilots, but I feel like I have memorized that entire site sometimes. I actually wonder if you have me confused with another user, as you said my questions could be answered with a little looking. Because the only other thread authored by myself on this page is a simple request for a WO interview for a letter of recommendation. Being new to the military scene, I am trying any and all options to get in contact with as many WO's as I can. I have found that WO's are not a dime a dozen, and therefore I do not think that people are ignoring me, just that no WO's in the IN/KY border reigion have read me thread. It seems to me by the other post in this thread that I am also not the only person looking for an answer to this question. So if you can help, it would be appreciated, but if not, hopefully I have helped you understand my situation a little better.

BTW the reason I wanted to register at the other place, was to increase my chances of finding a WO. I do realize that I can still read threads, adn some have been very helpful, I just cannot become a registered user for whatever reason.

Hope I didn't come off as too harsh, I just have a hard time understanding the angle you are coming from.

I replied to you in this thread because I saw your other thread first where you stated you are trying to find a WO for a LOR and got no response, and then you started this thread and again got no response. I made the assumption that you want to join Kiowapilots.com so you could seek advice there about obtaining a LOR from a senior WO. I decided to give you some of my thoughts and ask for more information about you so you wouldn't feel that the entire VR community was ignoring you.

The reason I asked for more information about you is because I suspected you were not in the military. I was curious to know why you were seeking a WO LOR because the USAREC website states that, as a civilian, your packet should include:

"references from no more than 6 of your closest friends in as high a position within the community as possible. Your references should include community service, volunteer work, character, physical ability, scholarly and leadership traits."

There is no mention of LOR's from senior WO's, and there's a reason for that. As a civilian, how would you know any CW4 or CW5s? And if you were to get an "interview" with one, how much credence would the board give a LOR written by someone who doesn't know you - who only spoke with you for 20 or 30 minutes? During my 25 years in the military, one of the things I learned is to not read into things too deeply. If the reg says use a blue ink pen, don't use a black, aqua, or purple one.

As for my angle, if you have read through this and other websites, then you already know the huge number of young men and women who create a profile and start a thread saying, "hi, I'm so and so and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to become an army helicopter pilot." Most Army pilots will agree that the hardest part of becoming a WO pilot in the Army is getting through the application process. And it's no accident. It needs to be difficult so that the applicants who don't have the mettle for it - don't want it bad enough, will be weeded out. There are no silver spoons or handouts here.

Since your membership is brand-new, your personal profile is blank, and your history shows only 2 posts, I hope you can see why you got the response (or lack thereof) you did. I think if you had posted the above message from the start, you would have already received a number of responses by now. Now that we know more about you, hopefully others with more knowledge of the WOFT application process than I posses (I went through in the 80's) will chime in.

Good luck to you in your pursuit.

Paul, I got your PM and replied, but it's not showing up in my "Sent" box. I don't know if you got my reply, so I'll post the Reader's Digest version here...

First of all, I appreciate you sending me the PM. Secondly, I know you've been pursuing your dream for several months now and it can be extremely frustrating at times. My advice is to be patient, persistent, and don't let anyone discourage you.

Also, I would like to reiterate that it is my opinion that seeking a senior warrant officer for a LOR is a waste of time for you. Although I never went through the WOFT application process myself, I did sit on numerous boards over the course of my career, and based on my experience (retired Major and 20-year Army aviator), I believe such a letter would be seen, at best, as a hollow recommendation - at worst, as a disingenuous attempt to boost your credibility. As a civilian applicant, the board neither expects nor requires you to obtain a recommendation from a senior warrant officer/aviator.

Personally, I believe your best chance for success is to follow the USAREC guidelines to the letter - and those guidelines clearly state that you should seek recommendations from high-ranking people in your community who know you well. I think the fire chief you mentioned is an excellent example. Your friends who are in the National Guard might also be good, but only if they hold positions of leadership and/or responsibility. Also, the essay is your chance to shine. It should be well written, concise, grammatically correct, and substantial. It's a fine line though - sell yourself without being boastful, and set yourself apart from the crowd.

Finally, if you haven't done so yet, I suggest adding Military.com to your list of websites to visit. The Army Aviation forums there are active and well populated with pilots, flight students, and applicants.

And again, best of luck to you.