HELICOPTER ACCIDENTS - 2004

RotorPilot

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday a law enforcement helicopter crashed with 4 POB 2 pilots and 2 aoservers. They hit wires during a mission northern Spain. All died after explotion. It was a BO 105 from the Guardia Civil.

Very sad situation around Spain during this days.

Fly safe. Buen vuelo

2004 March 22

Man dies in helicopter crash

The Leader-Post

Monday, March 22, 2004

Daniel Sidloski of the Weyburn area has been identified as the man killed in a helicopter crash near that community over the weekend.

RCMP said Sidloski, the 47-year-old pilot and lone occupant, died when his helicopter went down just after takeoff at about 10 a.m. Saturday.

The crash occurred near the small community of Ralph along Highway 39, about 10 kilometres southeast of Weyburn.

RCMP Cpl. Brian Jones said the helicopter was privately owned and described the flight as local.

Ministry of Transport officials were notified and were expected to be on the scene Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Lanzarote island by the time of events , it was a real shock for everybody in Canary Islands.

I have seen this helicopter in Lanzarote doing medical evacuation many times...

HEMS are very important ,respected and loved by the people from Canary Islands.

I have seen the images in TV and as related, I think the pilot (thousands of hours) did a great job avoiding the scene of the accident(full of people) just in front of the helicopter.

My condolences for the family and friends.

Regards

Aser

3155545imagen4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Helicopter pilot found dead

05:26 PM MDT on Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Robbie Johnson

Idaho's NewsChannel 7

MONTOUR -- A man flying a single-person helicopter that was reported missing Tuesday afternoon has been found dead.

Paul Boehlke-KTVB

The helicopter's landing strut is all that can be seen from the surface of the Payette River.  

The Gem County Sheriff's office says the helicopter was found upside down in the Payette River near Montour. The pilot was still strapped into the chopper when he was found. Montour is along state highway 52 between Emmett and Horseshoe Bend.

Gem County dispatch says the helicopter was found by a plane during an aerial search just after eight Wednesday morning.

The Ada County dive team joined the search for the pilot around one p.m. and took off from a boat ramp near Montour.

The helicopter was found in a remote part of the river and only the landing struts were visible above the water.

The helicopter took off near the Montour Country Store around 4:30 p.m. and searchers looked for the aircraft last night until wind and darkness forced them to suspend the search.

The owner of the store saw the helicopter take off Wednesday and told NewsChannel 7 the pilot was there to take pictures of the landscape and decided to go on one more flight.

"There was another helicopter with him that had another guy in it, two guys in it, and one guy was filming, this little whirly bird running around," said Bill Beatty, a friend of the pilot. "About two in the afternoon I usually leave here and go into town, and he was just getting ready to take off again by himself. The other helicopter had gone back to Caldwell and that's about the last I saw of him."

The Gem County Sheriff has not released the pilot’s identity or where he is from.

I just heard On the 6 oclock news the pilot was the owner and founder of the single seat kit turbine helicopter company Helicycle which is based out of Nampa, Idaho.

My condolences go out to his family. :down:

Steve

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Air accident kills US pilot in Indonesia

JAKARTA, Sept. 21 (Xinhuanet) -- A helicopter crashed in the Indonesian eastern province of Papua on Monday evening and its pilot, a US citizen, was found dead when the rescue team arrived at the scene, reports said Tuesday.

The rescue team found the remains of Neil Roesler and helicopter wreckage at the mountainous regency of Jayawijaya, some 200 km southwest of the provincial capital Jayapura, reported the Antara news agency.

Bad weather is believed to be the main cause of the accident, it said.

The helicopter belongs to the Mission Aviation Fellowship but no further details are immediately available.

Pilot Survives Las Cruces Helicopter Crash

A Southwest Med Evac helicopter crashes at Memorial Medical Center in Las Cruces overnight.

Now the pilot is recovering, and an investigation into what caused the crash is underway.

The crash happened at around 11:30 Monday night.

The helicopter somehow ended up lying on its side, badly damaged from front to back.

The pilot escaped from the aircraft through the door.

A Southwest Med Evac helicopter pilot was transporting a patient and medical crew to Memorial Medical Center.

Soon after, the pilot headed to re-fuel the helicopter, when it crashed right on the heli-pad.

When fire crews arrived, the helicopter was on its side.

Miraculously, the pilot suffered only minor injuries.

Randall Hopper from Southwest Med Evac says, "The pilot is being checked out in the ER. Right now it looks like he just has a sore and bruised shoulder from the shoulder harnesses."

He also tells KFOX they do have a back-up helicopter in case any transports need to be made to Memorial Medical Center.

While the helicopter remains on the heli-pad, those transports will go to Mountview Regional Medical Center - then be transported by ground to Memorial Medical Center.