Flight Physical for application to WOFT program

Well, I would imagine your issue would be detailed on your physical, if not, than you will probably have to contact the NAS Key West Doc's to figure out what's really going on.

Yeah, I mean the only thing I received back from the recruiter was a copy of the FAX cover page he received from Rucker and it quite simply stated the previous things I mentioned. I've never had anything that I've been aware of issues with thyroid etc. and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing serious considering theres about 1300 "possible metabolic conditions". This is what I was afraid of that something randomly unexpected would come up LOL

I'll update on here when I find out more.

Ugh, that sux man. More run around.

Eh, it is what it is at this point. I've been putting together a packet and getting things lined up here since roughly this time last year. I enrolled in another semester of school hoping that currently being in college vs. "having prior college experience" would look better for me too. School and my new job have helped keep me busy enough that the excitement of WOFT has gone from encompassing 100% of my thoughts daily to about 95% LOL B)

Cliff,

Oh. Ok, well then that makes sense. They'll snail male you a copy of your flight physical too.

Well I just confirmed that the other guy who had his physical done and faxed at the same time as mine to Rucker has the same issue where the aeromedical review board "missed" the obvious annotation of the depth perception. We double checked with the recruiter against the paperwork because I have a copy of the physical minus lab results myself. So I don't know what's up with that LOL Maybe they should have their eyes checked.....?!

• 2 weeks later...

So I spoke with the HM3 down at NAS Key West in the Aeromedical section in regards to my flight physical. After being told to call today to try and get an over the phone consult, I was informed when I called in that the Army's way of notating depth perception results are different from the Navy/Marines. Also the "possible metabolic condition" was just some formula they came up with that was irrelevant because all my bloodwork was normal. So the two discrepencies that they declined my physical for were just minor issues. What a relief. Bottom line, the physical has been corrected and mailed to the recruiter as of Friday then he needs to mail it back to Ft. Rucker. It should be up there in time for July's board.

• 6 months later...
Anyone know how long your Class 1A flight physical is good for? I had mine done in June.

The Class 1A flight physical is good for 18 months, but I am unsure if they're calendar months or months after the date taken.

• 4 weeks later...
The Class 1A flight physical is good for 18 months, but I am unsure if they're calendar months or months after the date taken.

Does it have to carry through WOCS and IERW? Or will they administer another flight physical at the beginning of IERW?

Edited by Marine4WOFT

Does it have to carry through WOCS and IERW? Or will they administer another flight physical at the beginning of IERW?

You need to have a flight physical that will carry through WOCS. Prior to starting IERW you'll have a flight physical, done at the medical clinic on Fort Rucker.

- Jeremy

You need to have a flight physical that will carry through WOCS. Prior to starting IERW you'll have a flight physical, done at the medical clinic on Fort Rucker.

- Jeremy

Being that the next 153A board is in March and by that time I'll have had my phsyical done for 9 months I guess it would be cutting it close, huh?!