I have just recently got my CFI certificate and need about 15 more hours in the R44 for my SFAR 73 sign off and about 10 more hours for my instrument and double I rating, wich I need so I can get my first job. My CFII and Chief Pilot at the school I go to said he would volunteer his time to ferry your R44 for you so that I can build that time and some simulated Instrument time as well because I am short on cash. Safety is my number one priority and I would not be planning on doing any manuevers in it, besides the simulated instrument. As I said earlier my CFII has about 1500 hours in R22s and R44s. He has also done many ferry flights.

Thank you for your time Tom, and I am sure that you are going to love your helicopter!

DJay

• 2 weeks later...

If nobody has gotten this flight yet, I would love to do it, I have ferried several aircraft around all major airspaces, NYC, Houston, DFW, LAX, I have a friend in need of building some time so my only stipulation would be my expenses covered, I live in Iowa, so we could drive to denver, and if you payed for the flight back to denver, plus a daily rate of 100 for me, I would love to do it, I have over a 1000 hours of experience in Robinson Helicopters, let me know

Hey all,

just wanted to say that the flight is about seven hours, i have flown it twice in a R44. I have a house in Hot Springs, (40 miles from Little Rock) i lived there for two years, a ranch out side of Ft. Smith (family homesite from the 1800s), a House Boat on Greers Ferry lake (Shiloh) and my dad lives in Jacksonville (20 miles north of LR).

i will be making the flight again this summer in the next month or so.. (not to do this ferry flight).

All that said for future reference as i believe this flight is already spoken for!

here are some photos of the flight, you must go thru Hot Springs if you go out that way, the lakes are awesome!!

dp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Even if you volunteer your services. You are not doing it for "free." No expense to the owner, yes. But free, no. You must consider the cost of the hours you would have paid for the flight time. It you do the math you can figure that roughly 10 hours (according to MN Heli Flyer) times 299/hr (according to the ad above) would mean that you have just been paid 2990 dollars. Not to your pocket, but your logbook, where it really counts for someone building hours. That does not sound free to me. I will gladly take 3000 dollars of flight time without having to pay for it.

If the owner can afford $3,000 of time to be flown on his helicopter, then he can afford to pay the pilot $300/day for pilot services...

Then again, if he can get someone to do it for "free", more power to him. Welcome to America. :)

Fly Safe!