Terre's WOFT progress.

FLHooker,

thanks, and trust me looks like im not going to be waiting around for anybody to sign anything signed my contract today, and i ship to Rucker on the 1st of july, I guess us prior service guys who don't need basic, just going right out of the gate. plus meps will not, repeat WILL NOT give me driving orders, i have to wait until after wocs to come all the way back here and move my stuff.

That's what I had to do. Army didn't offer to move my stuff and the area I was moving from I actually lost money on my DIY move. On top of that I had to take personal leave to get the days to move, it was great.

I guess they have been a little better about helping folks that are just getting here but if you find yourself at the Dothan airport with no cabs there or a clue on where to go at Rucker call me. I depending on the time I can come pick you up and at least show you where you need to be. I was kinda left out to dry and it sucked hauling my crap around trying to figure out WTF.

Edited by Mymm

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entry contracts, even prior service, don't usually get provided anything but the airfare to training. It's like you're not vested, yet, for DA to expend money on moving you. After all, you might fail and then all they would have to do is ship you home.

I"m not sure what the plan is yet, i'm still waiting for the final results from the phy's.

I "think" the cut off for the july board is like June 12.... i'm not totally sure how this all work's yet.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I"m not sure what the plan is yet, i'm still waiting for the final results from the phy's.

I "think" the cut off for the july board is like June 12.... i'm not totally sure how this all work's yet.

Thanks for the thoughts.

nice Z...I always wanted one but have settled for two 240sx's in the past ('91 and '98). I have a v8 titan now...which is the best vehicle i've owned. still thinking about getting a '96 Z someday and restoring it to original glory...

I'm rooting for you man. I really hope you make it through. Any updates?

JR

FLHooker,

thanks, and trust me looks like im not going to be waiting around for anybody to sign anything signed my contract today, and i ship to Rucker on the 1st of july, I guess us prior service guys who don't need basic, just going right out of the gate. plus meps will not, repeat WILL NOT give me driving orders, i have to wait until after wocs to come all the way back here and move my stuff.

yeah that happened to a lot of my buddies down here...if your orders don't state that you can move your stuff down here and/or family, you can get them amended here at rucker...during wocs...no biggie...

then you take your 10 days "house-hunting"

by the way i live on post....its cool...but not worth the bah. lol..except that now they're offering all sorts of incentives..to live on post...

off post is more economical and the drives on/off post aren't bad...

• 3 weeks later...
Just called my recriuter today.... my flight physical was APPROVED!!! hell's yeah!

No hassle, no haggle.

Looks like i'll be meeting with the review board sometime in mid August.

Awesome! Has everything else in your packet been completed?

• 1 month later...
Well, i heard from my recriuter today, my review board date is set for Sept 13-14. It appears my year and a half long quest for WOFT is nearing it's conclusion.

Awesome dude, congrats! Did you go in front of the Recruiting Batallion board already or is that what you're referring to?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, some how the dates have gotten mixed around, my battalion review board is not on 9/14, it's on 9/8. I found this out on 9/3. My recriuter said my USAREC review board is on 9/14.??

According to this web page, that info is incorrect:

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOge...rdschedule.html

Hrm... we'll see what happens i guess.

Well, some how the dates have gotten mixed around, my battalion review board is not on 9/14, it's on 9/8. I found this out on 9/3. My recriuter said my USAREC review board is on 9/14.??

According to this web page, that info is incorrect:

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOge...rdschedule.html

Hrm... we'll see what happens i guess.

Good luck on your batallion review board!