47 WOs at Rucker?

Just wondering if anyone on here is currently in 47 training at rucker? I've heard through the grapevine that 47 seats are at apprx 400% strength and was wondering if there's any validity to that? I'm in the national guard as a flight engineer, completed my packet, been accepted into the Chinook company and just have boards left in Aug, which I'm confident will work out. I'm definitely trying to pick up a shortfall seat asap, so just wondering how it is down there at rucker. I really don't believe rumor and wait to experience myself but just curious as to the situation and if true, how that would affect me leaving at first shortfall?

I heard pretty much the same thing shortly after I went through selecting just over a year ago (that they were not going to be doing many 47 classes in the near future, or whatever).

It shouldn't really matter to you as a guardsman, though. The Active Army's manning doesn't effect us much. If it really seems like you've been on hold for awhile, start working with your state and the LNO down there; they'll suddenly find a slot for you (bump someone else) real quick.

• 2 weeks later...

I had 36 hours between my BWS checkride and the start of my 47 course. I was freaking out, trying to dump all that 67 crap, and learn the 47 5 & 9.

Either way, these guys are right, Active Duty slots do not affect Guard slots at all. If you are slotted to be a 47 pilot for the Guard, the only ones that can change that are your state. Hell, I just put 5 guys in for 47 slots within the next 4 months.

CHAD

I had 36 hours between my BWS checkride and the start of my 47 course. I was freaking out, trying to dump all that 67 crap, and learn the 47 5 & 9.

Either way, these guys are right, Active Duty slots do not affect Guard slots at all. If you are slotted to be a 47 pilot for the Guard, the only ones that can change that are your state. Hell, I just put 5 guys in for 47 slots within the next 4 months.

CHAD

I had two months.... I didn't even really look at anything for a month. It really helped me flush the 67 stuff.

One of our guys assessed a short while ago, and is switching to 47s. He's starting to study 5&9...it looks like a LOT of info. I feel for ya.

Range 48 was some buuuullshit.

Apparently, we were told that there weren't any barracks available. But then found out from you guys that you had like...90 unused bunks.

We did go borrow some showers down at the airfield, but sadly...no hot water. That was an enjoyable shower.

When are you coming to the Cape for some JP-8?

Ha. Well, not to get mixed up with what happened, I thought for a while that ya'll were going to use some of our bunks. I'm not sure what happened in the end on your side, but for a while neither one of us had barracks, but Drum finally sh*t out a building.

The Cape, I'd love to, not sure the COL would approve such a far flight though.

Yeah, it was definitely an AAR point. If it hasn't happened already, your training officer (which, for all I know is you....) should eventually be getting a call re: that sh*t out barracks building, to find out where it came from, and what we need to do to get one next time. (...2011, 2012?).

I'll try to ask MY Trng Officer if he's done that yet...