Civilian WOFT in the Reserve?

I have been searching the net for a while now trying to find a defininte answer on wether or not the Army reserve will accept civilian WOFT packets. I dont mind putting one in for the active duty, but would really like to be in the reserve's if possible. If anyone has any advice or info, Id greatly appreciate it!

• Like 1

I have been searching the net for a while now trying to find a defininte answer on wether or not the Army reserve will accept civilian WOFT packets. I dont mind putting one in for the active duty, but would really like to be in the reserve's if possible. If anyone has any advice or info, Id greatly appreciate it!

hey whats up...I know for a fact that in the guard you can. you have to visit your state guard recruiting website/ recruiter. and tell them you want to fly as a warrant.

as far as the reserves...http://www.usarc.army.mil/retn/acc_poc.htm <--go here find your region number and call them. also find a recruiter in the area and tell them. you want to go warrant.

they'll fill your head with all this nonsense about becoming an enlisted soldier first..then putting in your packet...tell em no dice....tell them you want to be a warrant period...

i came in as a civilian (i was air force initially then had a break in service) the process might be long..but its worth it. i love flying...

if you want it bad enough you'll do whatever it takes to make it. thats part of the process of elimination..so dont give up..

hope this helps

-WO1 Q

Erok,

And what state do you know for a fact that you can go 'street to seat' in the Guard? I don't know of such a program, and I'm in the Guard as a pilot. The Reserves you can...

CHAD

Cali did it for someone that was a few classes behind me.

I'm from the NH guard and we had someone who was going to join the guard in a Warrant flight slot, but for some odd reason it fell through. My understanding is that challenge is the guard's school dates are for WOCS, and it can be a challenge for them to coordinate the individual getting to Basic and making it for the WOCS start date. It is doable though.

Interesting... I've been in the FL and NY ARNG as a pilot so far, and both have said.. not gonna happen. Guess, right place right time?

The school dates though, he could, potentially go to Basic, get back and then go to WOCS/IERW. I dunno, above my paygrade.

CHAD

I'm from the NH guard and we had someone who was going to join the guard in a Warrant flight slot, but for some odd reason it fell through. My understanding is that challenge is the guard's school dates are for WOCS, and it can be a challenge for them to coordinate the individual getting to Basic and making it for the WOCS start date. It is doable though.

Hey what town in NH is your unit based out of? I have a buddy trying to do WOFT out of NH he lives around concord. I myself am from Londonderry, NH.

Oh, nice! My unit is in Concord, its the state's only aviation unit.

Cool man. PM me. I still have yet to touch base with my friend recently but it would be good for him to get in contact with someone from the unit he would theoretically be a part of.