Attention AG pilots and others that wear helmets.....

captkirkyota

I am very happy with my Gentex. My neck hurt for about a week during the start of the season but I got used to it. I can't comment much on the cooling. I flew nights all summer. That sun is too much for me to deal with.

There was an earlier post about a helmet blocking vision and could hurt more than help in Ag of power line jobs. I don't think that's the case. If you're on a pass in a helicopter you've seen where you're going to fly next on the current pass so seeing a very wide view isnt necessary. Even for dodging cars. Things happen very fast so the focus is outside and in the distance, not so much the 3 and 9 o clock. As far as getting next to trees and power poles, my eyes are still in the distance. I count how many rows I need to be over and stay clear of the power poles, not so much looking at the rotor disc.

As for as the children on this thread AVbug and whoever else, must be nice to take time from your busy jobs and bicker like children on the Internet.

Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics,

Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Many EMS companies provide helmets for their crews. Our company does. It didn't take me long, however, to get tired of kissing other pilots, which is what you're doing when you wear a community helmet. That mic has been in or very near lots of mouths. I eventually broke down and bought my own, although it took a few months of bidding on ebay to get one at a price I was willing to pay.

Many EMS companies provide helmets for their crews. Our company does. It didn't take me long, however, to get tired of kissing other pilots, which is what you're doing when you wear a community helmet. That mic has been in or very near lots of mouths. I eventually broke down and bought my own, although it took a few months of bidding on ebay to get one at a price I was willing to pay.

So you went from kissing a bunch of guys, to kissing one ?