Pilot wanted for Ferry Flight

pay you?!!?!?!?! I'll do it for $200.00 a day + hotel. . how about you let someone try and get the flight time for the flight time. come on people! why does everyone insist on charging someone, when your probably moving it ANYWAY.

Maybe I need to contact someone or re-read the Far Aim. I was under the impression that when I got my commerical rating several years ago that I would get paid for such things as ferrying not have to pay to fly for someone else. If I understood or read this wrong please notify me before I do something illegal.iNo wonder I'm have such a hard time finding a job, I'm not willing to pay enough!!!

pay you?!!?!?!?! I'll do it for $200.00 a day + hotel. . how about you let someone try and get the flight time for the flight time. come on people! why does everyone insist on charging someone, when your probably moving it ANYWAY.

Man Clay! You're cheap!

I'll do it for $450 a day plus expenses.

I need someone to help me ferry a helicopter from Madera, ca to Dallesport, wa as soon as possible. $150 per hour is what you'll pay. This is a time building opportunity for someone without many hours, I am a CFI. email me at rejigger@yahoo.com for all the details.

Delta Bravo.

Now lets not everybody get all excited here.

It all depends on what type of helicopter we are talking about. If it's an AW-139 and the whole back end is loaded with booze and hookers, I might be willing to pay. If I can load the back up with my friends.

If this is the case, I can be there in less than an hour.

If it's a Bell 47, and it will take 95 hours of flight to get there, then I will gladly let you pay me for the flight, and the subsequent back surgery.

Sorry, nearly everyone thinks this is always a bad idea. Since we are a small community, the flights are normally offered to people and/or students (if it's a school) to lower time pilots needing to build time... Did you ever get to fly without paying someone on a maintenance flight, ferry, etc? Probably...we all have.

I've done it tons of times. Reward those that are helping you or are in need. The bird is going anyway, whether someone pays or not.

Man Clay! You're cheap!

I'll do it for $450 a day plus expenses.

Sorry. I'm easy and cheap. 450 a day would double my current annual income! maybe i need to work at your level. .

You know I am glad to see "Professional Helicopter Pilots" upset about this. The problem is that it has been going on way to long. This guy will probably get someone to do this with no problem because Helicopter Pilots are willing to pay for the flight time after spending thousands to get that CFI rating. I have a friend who pays to fly the pipeline. The company is already making money flying the pipeline and then my friend pays them for the flight time. Since he only has about 300 hours of flight time he can't get a job so this is how he builds his hours. When are we as a "small community" going to put a end to this type of behavior?

I agree.

Sometimes it does work out well though. I got into an accident and I needed a ride to the hospital, some tests done, and some minor surgery.

Since the paramedics and doctors needed work, I let them pay me to work on me.

When it was all said and done, my little accident ended up making me about $25,000.00

I have ads up in the local papers and craigslist stating that I am willing to hurt myself and let paramedics and doctors work on me for a reduced rate.

Then, with the money I make from that, I will gladly pay to help somebody do their job.

You're asking for help..... and you expect them to pay you? Nice work ethic. The machine already has to be flown from A to B regardless, so demanding $$ from low timers is borderline extortion.

I am sure that rejigger2 or his boss want / wanted to make some money while ferrying the helicopter (r22 or 44...who knows).

150$/hr is still cheaper then 230$-300$/ hr(R22&CFI).

Sure the nicest thing would be to offer a seat for free, especially for pilots who have trouble (financially). We all know that flight schools rather insure 300hrs cfi's/cfii's then 200+cfi's/ cfii's but who has the money to finance a another 100hrs once you hit your 200hrs TT.

My old company for example bought couple helicopters from Robinson. My boss offered his students to fly along and log flight time. He did not offer it for free.

The students had to pay for fuel and for hotel

1 gal 100LL~3.80 $ --> 38$(1hr R22) or ~64.60(1hr R44) which is still cheaper then 150$/ hr

I remember seeing post in this forum offering ferry flights in TURBINE helicopters for free.

For future post rejigger2 you should pick your headline carefully.

Saying :: Ferry PILOT NEEDED:: means --> I will pay somebody to fly "my" helicopter.

Falko

It's a hiller. The odd thing, is at one point (if you read his old posts) he offered instruction for $130/hr. Now, correct me if im wrong, but charging more to have someone tag along on a ferry flight which they will then have to pay to go home seems a bit outlandish....

I am sure that rejigger2 or his boss want / wanted to make some money while ferrying the helicopter (r22 or 44...who knows).

150$/hr is still cheaper then 230$-300$/ hr(R22&CFI).

Sure the nicest thing would be to offer a seat for free, especially for pilots who have trouble (financially). We all know that flight schools rather insure 300hrs cfi's/cfii's then 200+cfi's/ cfii's but who has the money to finance a another 100hrs once you hit your 200hrs TT.

My old company for example bought couple helicopters from Robinson. My boss offered his students to fly along and log flight time. He did not offer it for free.

The students had to pay for fuel and for hotel

1 gal 100LL~3.80 $ --> 38$(1hr R22) or ~64.60(1hr R44) which is still cheaper then 150$/ hr

I remember seeing post in this forum offering ferry flights in TURBINE helicopters for free.

For future post rejigger2 you should pick your headline carefully.

Saying :: Ferry PILOT NEEDED:: means --> I will pay somebody to fly "my" helicopter.

Falko

• 1 month later...
It's a hiller. The odd thing, is at one point (if you read his old posts) he offered instruction for $130/hr. Now, correct me if im wrong, but charging more to have someone tag along on a ferry flight which they will then have to pay to go home seems a bit outlandish....

You dont have to take their offer. Its their business and they can charge what they want.

Delta Bravo.

Now lets not everybody get all excited here.

It all depends on what type of helicopter we are talking about. If it's an AW-139 and the whole back end is loaded with booze and hookers, I might be willing to pay. If I can load the back up with my friends.

If this is the case, I can be there in less than an hour.

The industry must really be making a change!! I'm thinking about getting back in now! :D