I knew it was meant to be...

Nice work Lindsey! I hope you are able to do something with it right away! How are the job prospects? Or are you waiting until you get you CFII?

Way to step up the staircase to success… As you know, more steps are needed to succeed but rest assured, you won’t take these steps without a cool helicopter T-shirt.. If you wish, send me a PM and a Superior Pilots Fly Helicopters T-shirt is yours..

Congrats!!!!

Edited by Spike

Congrats, Rindsey! I know you're killin' it because you've pretty much fallen off the radar otherwise... Then again, that's all part of making it to The Dream, right? Can't say I've been any better!! We can catch up when we're on the same job one day :)

ps. I like how your avatar is still the Schweizer from S50 ;)

I know you're killin' it because you've pretty much fallen off the radar otherwise...

Hehe, considering it's taken me a week to get back to this, I'd say that's a safe bet! Full time flight school on top of full-time pumping jet fuel will do that...

And now, off to the RHC Safety Course!

Hehe, considering it's taken me a week to get back to this, I'd say that's a safe bet! Full time flight school on top of full-time pumping jet fuel will do that...

And now, off to the RHC Safety Course!

When you going to RHC?

Way to step up the staircase to success… As you know, more steps are needed to succeed but rest assured, you won’t take these steps without a cool helicopter T-shirt.. If you wish, send me a PM and a Superior Pilots Fly Helicopters T-shirt is yours..

Congrats!!!!

Where does one other than Lindsey get one of those bad boys? Too lazy to google :)

Congrats Lindsey! Still planning on the "dark-side" eventually?

• 3 weeks later...

I read this thread and thought... Yup I think I can... I also love how it happened in Seattle (I'm Lithuanian but born in Seattle) so I will definitely tell it to everyone in Chicago where I live near today.

I'm in NJROTC and don't have plans on joining the military (my dad was in the Soviet Navy, and he doesn't want me in any countries' military) but I am serious about becoming a helicopter pilot and maybe EMS one day, I want to move back to Seattle and fly helicopters there :P

• 7 months later...

After all your hard work Lindsey you have got to in an "OGE HIGH" right now! Congratulations!

Actually, right now I am doing homework for grad school due tonight (I know, right?). But after this is done, BRING ON THE COLD ONES.

It's also really neat reading back through this thread and seeing where I'm at now. Puts an even bigger grin on my face than the checkride result.

Well, things have definitely come full-circle. I am a newly-minted CFI as of an hour ago!

What a ride--I love this stuff.

I remember when you first introduced yourself here. You have much to be proud of! Congrats Lindsey!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had PRK. It wasn't a bad experience. I'm not going to say the first 1-2 days after surgery feels great but tolerable. Besides, they give you plenty of good drugs. I would compare the feeling to having sand in your eye. The most important thing i can advise is to abide by the recovery parameters the doc outlines, it worked fine for me. I know others who disregarded this advice resulting in a more difficult recovery. I had a bedroom prepped, with windows covered, etc., in order to create a completely dark room. I had surgery through military and have no complaints 10 years later. I do agree with your opinion on military docs though. Sometimes it's like you are a lab rat for the new guys to learn on. In all my research, PRK seemed to be the winner (and it was the only approved option for spec ops) but I still feel it was better. Hope this helps.