Intro, Updates, Advice

I

Shots fired. Hey man just relax. Did you pass the sift? If so f*ck it. Doesn't matter what other people's scores are I know a pilot who got picked up with a 43. You can get a 79.99 on the sift and still write like a moron, so your packet could still be better than theirs. It's a competition yes but we're all on here to help get each other through this process. Lindsey is helpful, she's probably one of the most knowledgeable street to seaters because she's dealt with this for so long. No need to attack anyone we're all brothers and sisters. When do you board?

Shots fired??? No.. She does contribute a lot, and helps a lot of people..

She does have an attitude though, and everyone on this site will just be praise her non stop. but 3 different times Ive seen her responses change from being "real nice" to "Rude / condescending" instantly.. (not to me personally)

Interesting, I'm not the one calling everyone out for being dirty cheating liars just because they scored higher than me on the SIFT. I got a 73, and guess what? I'm super happy for those few that are getting 78s and 80s. Those few. I've seen maybe four or five guys claim those scores on here. How about instead of calling them liars, you just be happy for them? What do they have to gain by lying on here? Absolutely nothing. They can't lie to the board. Where are you at with your packet anyway?

• Like 1

I

Shots fired??? No.. She does contribute a lot, and helps a lot of people..

She does have an attitude though, and everyone on this site will just be praise her non stop. but 3 different times Ive seen her responses change from being "real nice" to "Rude / condescending" instantly.. (not to me personally)

Can't say I've ever seen that from Lindsey. Except maybe directed at our former resident troll. Looking back though, I see nothing useful at all from you; just criticism and complaints about the responses you've received, and these accusations of lying about SIFT scores.

• Like 1

Interesting, I'm not the one calling everyone out for being dirty cheating liars just because they scored higher than me on the SIFT. I got a 73, and guess what? I'm super happy for those few that are getting 78s and 80s. Those few. I've seen maybe four or five guys claim those scores on here. How about instead of calling them liars, you just be happy for them? What do they have to gain by lying on here? Absolutely nothing. They can't lie to the board. Where are you at with your packet anyway?

I too would be happy for people that scored that high... I honestly do feel that some of the scoreslisted may be inaccurate though.. just a few!!! Id go find 10 scores of '80' just to show you, but I don't care at all anymore about this sift stuff.. that test was lame as sh*t...

I just had my Battalion board in early April... They cancelled boards for civilians though.. Back to the parties..... sighh....

Not to completely derail this exciting topic of conversation but I report to Rucker on Wednesday. Nervous is an understatement.

Don't be nervous and good luck!!!

I am over here waiting for the results on the May Board, hopefully I will get to where you are soon :)

I hope everyone had a great Mothers-Day, and from the above ^ looks like I missed a lot over the weekend, haha. Anyway I passed all my finals, now I can focus all my energy on completing my packet. The only things left on my checklist is SIFT, AFPT, and a flight physical. Patience and persistence has paid off this semester, and now to keep up the hustle.

• Like 3

The only things left on my checklist is SIFT, AFPT, and a flight physical. Patience and persistence has paid off this semester, and now to keep up the hustle.

Sounds simple enough!!!! Should be able to bang all that out in a month maybe?? =P

Good luck.. Remember the 'patience' part.. And make sure you be super nice to your recruiter so when you call him he will be more inclined to give you the information you need at that particular time. Call him often and try to get actual dates..

If nothing gets scheduled for over a week and you don't have the next objective scheduled, call him back and tell him you are wanting to get an actual date. good luck =]

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've been following this site for a long time and it has been quite helpful. I am currently in the process of getting my packet together and I wanted to check to see if what my recruiter is telling me is correct.

I have around 50+ rotorcraft flight hours but no PL. He is saying I shouldn't scan my logbook or put any mention of it in packet, but instead just bring my logbook to the board. That doesn't sound correct to me, so I am just wondering how I should record my hours in my packet or should I just do what he suggests.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Me too. I went the WOCS route but it still took me a long time. 6 attempts when it's all said and done. It took me a few tries just to get a medical waiver to even get in the Army. Eventually I got here. It all works out in the end.

Blake

Blake I am looking into going to WOCS... I am prior service but looking to go in but may need a medical waiver. Was the process difficult trying to get a medical waiver?

B

Blake I am looking into going to WOCS... I am prior service but looking to go in but may need a medical waiver. Was the process difficult trying to get a medical waiver?

B

If you've done anything with the VA, getting a waiver can be a long process. I've been trying to just get a MEPS physical for over a year and every time we submit paperwork it gets kicked back by MEPS or the senior waive authority with poorly written requests for more medical documentation. Getting documentation from the VA is a painful and slow process, especially documentation related to your initial disability screening, which is a completely different process from getting documentation for any VA treatment.

I'm leaving tomorrow for basic training then continuing to Fort Rucker for AIT before beginning WOCS. Someone here in a similar situation (NG) said they were able to bypass the AIT. I can't remember the term they used to be exempted from that, but it may help someone in the future go to their recruiter or wosm with the deck stacked more in their favor if it was posted here.

Good luck and have fun. I'm sure it's a bit different, but looking back on USMC boot camp almost 10 years later, the transition into the military was a somewhat special thing. Try to laugh at the dumb the stuff and remember, one meal to the next, one day to the next, if it starts to get you down or seem overwhelming. Also remember, sometimes when you guys are getting messed with, or really all of the time this is happening, there is no winning, there is no getting it right, it is nobodies fault no matter what they say, it's just going to happen. Don't get pissed, just roll with it.

Mike

Good luck and have fun. I'm sure it's a bit different, but looking back on USMC boot camp almost 10 years later, the transition into the military was a somewhat special thing. Try to laugh at the dumb the stuff and remember, one meal to the next, one day to the next, if it starts to get you down or seem overwhelming. Also remember, sometimes when you guys are getting messed with, or really all of the time this is happening, there is no winning, there is no getting it right, it is nobodies fault no matter what they say, it's just going to happen. Don't get pissed, just roll with it.

Mike

I think I'm mentally ready. I'm a little excited, a little anxious. Hope my body holds up haha. I appreciate the encouragement and advice.