Army Warrant Officer

Hello Im PFC Belson in the army as a 92A I joined the army to fly helicopters I was a pilot before I joined I graduated from college with a associates degree I have a commercial single engine and multi engine liscence and insterment rated in fixed wing aircraft. I have about 400 hours in king airs, cessna 172,210,340,421 and barrons. I joined as a 92A because of my GT score wasnt high enough to come in as a warrant officer so thats what Im working on right now to get my score up and also looking around for other warrant officers to help me with getting me a recommendations. Im currently deployed in a Iraq right now but Im stationed at Fort Bragg NC I was wondering if there is warrant officers in the area of Iraq or at Bragg that could help me with tips and study guides for the AFAST and any other info on how I could get to my goal to be a warrant officer thank you.

Some might argue if you can't score a 110 GT or better on the ASVAB then maybe you shouldn't be able to apply. Anyway, I'd suggest you get your hand on an ARCO ASVAB study guide; study, study, study, and retest. I'm neither a warrant or officer, but I was able to increase my GT from an initial 118 out of high school to a 132 after 5 yrs active doing just that for my packet.

I chose college instead...

goodluck

The ARCO study guide is your best bet for a good AFAST score. I studied it and took the test several times and was able to improve my score by 30 points. The GT score is a different story but it can be raised. I am a 92Y in the USAR and am working on transferring to the Guard to become a pilot. The non aviation MOS did not have a negative impact on my because I got accepted, now I just have to be conditionally released from the reserves. I have the ARCO book on PDF if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats awesome dutch that you were accepted and Im glad to hear that the MOS that I choose isnt going to affect me but congrats man Im hoping to be there in the sky with you one day but tell then I need too study and also if you can give me that PDF on the ARCO I would appreciate it.