300c on "Pawn Stars"...

Inferno

Ya, unfortunately, they didn't go into too much detail. Still kind of interesting to see it from an outside perspective.... Having seen the original wrecked heap, I would never want to own or fly the finished version though....

Depending on the times left on it, and a buyer who doesn't do much searching, they might be able to get that much for a rebuild.

I think the blurred N numbers are more legal than anything, just like they blur license plates....

Is it just me, or wouldn't you be suspicious of the engine if it had been involved in a hard landing considering the engine location on the 300?

Come on people..... this is TELEVISION. While I do not know what the deal is specifically on the 300 I have a very good friend who deals in exotic cars. The episode on the "Shelby Cobra" was almost completely fabricated. There was never an authentic Shelby on the show. They were all replicas including the one they showed them driving after the "make over". So while I do not know the specifics on the 300, I find it very suspect that they can go from a pile of bolts to a flyable helicopter in an episode. Just my 2 cents.....

Come on people..... this is TELEVISION. While I do not know what the deal is specifically on the 300 I have a very good friend who deals in exotic cars. The episode on the "Shelby Cobra" was almost completely fabricated. There was never an authentic Shelby on the show. They were all replicas including the one they showed them driving after the "make over". So while I do not know the specifics on the 300, I find it very suspect that they can go from a pile of bolts to a flyable helicopter in an episode. Just my 2 cents.....

hear, hear, nothing like sensationalism

I was in Las Vegas two weeks ago and stopped in there.

WHAT A DUMP!!! It's tiny compared to what it looks like on the show. I've only seen it a few times, but there were a few things for sale that they had bought on the shows I saw.

My sister-in-law tried to take a picture of the guys at the counter only to get, "Hey! No pictures up here! Go back there and somebody will be back there in 5-10 minutes for pictures." Where they gestured, they had all kinds of t-shirts and show junk mechandise. We left.......I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to charge her for a picture. What a bunch of jackasses--they go on TV to drive up business, then treat their "fans" like crap.

Either way, like the other guy said, it's TV. I don't believe any of their "experts" or anything you see there. It's there to sell commercials.

Antique Roadshow on the other hand............good show.

hard to believe one could rebuild a 300 for 100,000 buckaroos using new parts. Blades are 15 each, the driveshaft is 18--thats 63 so far & we just got started ! :o The small items add up very quickly & then you need to pay someone to rebuild it for ya ! ;) I've bid on quite a few 300's over the years & to get one for 10 thousand these days? --forget it--there seems to be ppls out there wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overpaying for these wrecks.

working in TV land for over 20 years...I'd be REALLY surprised if it wasn't fake. especially these days where the producers aren't experienced like they used to be...and they'll do ANYTHING to make the end show look good by lying, cheating, lower the budget, etc.

just my 2 cents.

fake is what TV is all about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I work on "Warbirds" and helicopters, and I think...

..Pawn Stars and aviation,...BAD combination indeed! They already bought a hot air balloon with NO pre buy inspection -or- demo flight! Then they over paid ($2500) for an old, non airworthy,wooden Sensenich propeller. I tried to help them with that prop., but they "Don't take calls anymore" , so I Emailed them and got no response. Then I saw the show with that 300c last night! Okay, why was the gear not spead? Sadly, I've witnessed a few wrecks and all have been "hard landings" and all spread the gear. ( and yes, they were 300, 500, R22 and a 206. from about 50 ft. AGL) Looking at the wreak on PS, I'd guess dynamic rollover maybe? They said on the show it took about a week to rebuild it....WHAT? That shop had to locate parts, have them shiped, install them, have the engine inspected, balance the blades, etc,etc. Man, them guys are good! As far as selling that one for $160K? Good luck to them. Lots of 300c's out there going for about $90K+ with no "accident history". Oh yeah, I don't think these Pawn Stars guys can even spell FAA! :lol:

I'm clear of the active! B)