Need Tubine Time for Insurance

http://www.commanderchuck.com/

He fly's traffic in LA. He offers turbine time for less than $200 (I think I paid about $165, but it was a few yrs ago). Time was 3 hrs in the morning. You fly in copilot seat from the time he lifts off & you actually land it back at his home base. When I did it, it wasn't just straight & level, it was also max performance take off, off airport landing (in the parking lot of a radio tower on a top of a hill), steep approach. But, of course, he did the actual engine start-up & shut down. When I did it, we also stopped to pick up a photographer at another airport so part of it ended being a 'photo flight'.

My instructor did the same thing you are looking for, went out there a whole week to get time for insurance. Call their number & talk to the scheduler to set it up.

There are others that do this in LA, so maybe you can do Chuck in the am & others later. I think there are others that do this in the am & pm each day, too.

Edited by klas

The tour season is gearing back up......

Temsco and Coastal in Alaska used to take guys with zero turbine time. You would build up 200-300 hrs of turbine time between May-Sept flying Astars for $1200 a month. That's when the tour biz was good though.

I have four friends that built their turbine time that way. Again, that was 5-6 yrs ago when the economy was good.

He fly's traffic in LA. He offers turbine time for less than $200 (I think I paid about $165, but it was a few yrs ago). Time was 3 hrs in the morning. You fly in copilot seat from the time he lifts off & you actually land it back at his home base. When I did it, it wasn't just straight & level, it was also max performance take off, off airport landing (in the parking lot of a radio tower on a top of a hill), steep approach. But, of course, he did the actual engine start-up & shut down. When I did it, we also stopped to pick up a photographer at another airport so part of it ended being a 'photo flight'.

My instructor did the same thing you are looking for, went out there a whole week to get time for insurance. Call their number & talk to the scheduler to set it up.

There are others that do this in LA, so maybe you can do Chuck in the am & others later. I think there are others that do this in the am & pm each day, too.

chuck and phillipe lost the contracts they had. the L.A. turbine time building is over.

I need around 50 hour Turbine time (best in 206)

Try Bristow Academy :)

Temsco and Coastal in Alaska used to take guys with zero turbine time

Still do, two friend just got hired with zero.

I came across this website awhile ago and bookmarked it. Not sure how current it is. Click on the FAA License tab on the left, half way down the page they have a 206 time building program.

http://www.heliclass.com/pages/frameset.html

Unfortunately this was phillipe and the contract is done. This is a bummer because I was just about to do some time with him. Good luck in finding something.

Unfortunately this was phillipe and the contract is done. This is a bummer because I was just about to do some time with him. Good luck in finding something.

Rat- I didnt know about Chuck, I'll have to ask a mutual friend what happened there. What about Larry over at 2/9 ?

PS, check out my post about the SMO event coming up in LA.

Goldy

Rat- I didnt know about Chuck, I'll have to ask a mutual friend what happened there. What about Larry over at 2/9 ?

PS, check out my post about the SMO event coming up in LA.

Goldy

Hey Goldy, I should be able to make Santa Monica. Can you tell me more about Larry ? I don"t know him.

I can provide access to a Hughes 500 right now and should have a 206 by mid April. Would be willing to do E.P.'s and teach startup/shutdown as well. PM me for info.

How much for the 500 time? I'd do that just for fun at the right rate!

• 2 months later...

May 21st update- It would appear that Chuck's contract is back on so make a call to see if he is still offering some time building opp's.

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

• 1 month later...

$600 Must be close to cost TT what with insurance fuel & maintenance,+ pilot if its a C a bit less on fuel but not a lot of loose change left if any.

Done for the love of flying :unsure:

The tour season is gearing back up......

Temsco and Coastal in Alaska used to take guys with zero turbine time. You would build up 200-300 hrs of turbine time between May-Sept flying Astars for $1200 a month. That's when the tour biz was good though.

I have four friends that built their turbine time that way. Again, that was 5-6 yrs ago when the economy was good.

Does Coastal really pay that little? I knew Temsco did, but I thought Coastal paid more.

• 4 weeks later...