Any schools near/in Pittsburgh, PA?

klas

Im from around the area, and the closest schools that I know of that are respectable are in Virginia and Ohio. The school Im looking at is in Cincinnati.... It seems Pennsylvania has been left out when it comes to flight training, especially western PA.

Im from around the area, and the closest schools that I know of that are respectable are in Virginia and Ohio. The school Im looking at is in Cincinnati.... It seems Pennsylvania has been left out when it comes to flight training, especially western PA.

Thanks - where in VA? If it is in Morgantown, that would be OK. I would travel as much as 50 or so miles from Pittsburgh, is anyone knows of any.

Hi-Tech Helicopters is in PA. As simple search using google will help out I think!

Thanks, but they are located on the other side of the State of PA - I'm looking for a school that is as close to Pittsburgh as possible. A google search turns up hardly anything.

I am starting my operation in Philippi, WV, 30 miles drive south of Morgantown.

Next place would be Frederick, MD, then Manassas, VA, that's about it.

Good luck,

edspilot

Evenin'

What will you be doing in Philippi? Would it entail renting an R22 out to folks?? Feel free to PM me, if you'd like, rather than over thread...

Like edspilot said, the closest school in Virginia is in Manassas, I think its over a 3 hour drive from Pittsburgh, Cincy is a good 5 hours away, and if your looking to go anywhere East, your looking at probably at least 6 hours.

FYI:

Pittsburgh to Frederick, MD is 199 miles (I-70 all the way) Advanced Helicopter Concepts

Pittsburgh to Manassas, VA is 258 miles (I-70 to I-81 to I-66) American Helicopters

I know there are a couple of people that drive from Pitt to Frederick for training.

Hope this helps.

edspilot

I'm an independent CFI-H (not a flight school) with a Brantly B2B and train mostly out of Zelienople (PJC), just north of Pittsburgh. I also travel to several of the other local airports within 50nm for training if it is more convenient for the student. Send me a PM if you want to get my contact information.

If you have interest in an R-22 in Clarksville, MD let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff, but that may be a little too far (& too expensive to bring CFI to me - I was looking for an R22 to rent (after check out), without needing to fly with a CFI). But I think I may have found a place if I do end up going to Pittsburgh.

• 8 years later...

Not to revive a dead topic but since its all same same thought it might be best.

Does anyone know if Spiker Helicopters out of Zenlinope, PA is any good?

https://spikerhelicopters.com

Its only 30 minutes away from PGH. However I didnt see it mentioned in any recommendations, and even though the topics are old its supposedly been around since 2003. They also fly Enstroms for better or worse...