659 replies to this topic

#641 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 23:53

I just received my flight school date from my state. Can anyone here find out if it's a 67 or 72 class?

#642 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Boards, Slow Subarus
  • Company working for:United States Army

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:13

I just received my flight school date from my state. Can anyone here find out if it's a 67 or 72 class?

Currently the split is one 67 class for every three 72 classes. I dont think there is anyway to give you a definite answer though.

#643 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:50

It was worth a shot. Thanks, Dmurray.
  • Dmurray likes this

#644 wheelsup

wheelsup

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 17:35

whats the class number and date

#645 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 23:03

I wasn't told the number, but start date is 16 March

#646 wheelsup

wheelsup

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:11

I wasn't told the number, but start date is 16 March

There is a 72 class with a start date of 13 Mar, I'd bet that's your class.

• Dmurray likes this

#647 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 17:24

There is a 72 class with a start date of 13 Mar, I'd bet that's your class.

That's interesting. Wonder if one of the dates is off because SERE isn't factored in. I'll just play the odds and learn 5 and 9 on the 72. Thanks a bunch for checking for me. I was hoping for 67, but the 72 is beneficial in its own ways.

#648 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 23:23

This isn't a WOBC date? 

#649 redskins4789

redskins4789

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 18:07

Couple of quick questions for you guys. Im a civilian woft applicant and am currently trying to tie up all the loose ends of my packet. My first question has to do with the timeline of my security clearance interview. Do you need the clearance before packet submission or is that dealt with after selection? My recruiter doesnt seem to know. My second question has to do with my LORs. I currently have six and Ive heard from different people to just go with your 3 best letters from high ranking WOs. Id like to keep all six because I have a nice combination of people like my former professors who knew me well and higher ranking officers and warrants.
  • redskins4789 likes this

#650 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Freedom & 'Merica
  • Company working for:Prior USMC Infantry, Law Student

Posted 20 November 2017 - 18:22

One of the posters here is/was a board member and he is adamant you include your 3 best letters, and that include more only hurts you. 

Mike

• ByteFlighter likes this

#651 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 19:14

Couple of quick questions for you guys. Im a civilian woft applicant and am currently trying to tie up all the loose ends of my packet. My first question has to do with the timeline of my security clearance interview. Do you need the clearance before packet submission or is that dealt with after selection? My recruiter doesnt seem to know. My second question has to do with my LORs. I currently have six and Ive heard from different people to just go with your 3 best letters from high ranking WOs. Id like to keep all six because I have a nice combination of people like my former professors who knew me well and higher ranking officers and warrants.

Your recruiter needs to have you fill out the SF 86 completely and you'll do an initial interview at MEPS when you get selected. My clearance took 13 months to get finalized. Hopefully yours will be more streamlined.

#652 ByteFlighter

ByteFlighter

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Happy Hookers, Steel Rain, Black Deaths,
    Tiny Birds
  • Company working for:USARACTRCAS

Posted 20 November 2017 - 20:48

Listen to what people who've gone through the WOFT program tell you. 3. Best of 3. There is a reason for this. Look back through the forums and you'll understand why. The USAREC board isn't going to read all 6 of your LORs. If they randomly just pick one to glance over (which isn't unheard of) you'll increase the odds of them picking the best ones. Not a swipe against you or your college experience, but the board could care less about what your professor has to say vs. what a Line Officer or Warrant Officer has to say, assuming you have 3 from Officers...

The Clearance process will be explained to you at some point. Just fill your SF-86 out and talk it over with your recruiter. Plus, your security clearance process shouldn't really be discussed on an open forum....

What is vs. what should be,  is the beast you gotta contend with during the WOFT process....

#653 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 22:11

This isn't a WOBC date? 

Im not sure I know the difference. WOBC includes report date for SERE/Dunker? Because thats what Im sure my date is, even though she phrased it as flight school.

#654 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Boards, Slow Subarus
  • Company working for:United States Army

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:31

Usually the flow is WOCS, WOBC A, dunker, SERE, primary, advanced, WOBC B
  • MuffinMan likes this

#655 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted Yesterday, 18:49

Im not sure I know the difference. WOBC includes report date for SERE/Dunker? Because thats what Im sure my date is, even though she phrased it as flight school.

WOBC is the beginning of flight school technically. Just won't be near any helicopters for a couple months. WOBC is a 3 week class, followed by dunker/HOST, followed by SERE, and then actually finding out which air frame you'll fly during common core. WOBC is always first and then order can be changed somewhat.

#656 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted Today, 10:07

Is WOBC strictly aviation skills or does it include "how to army" like range time?

Mike

#657 MuffinMan

MuffinMan

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted Today, 10:36

Is WOBC strictly aviation skills or does it include "how to army" like range time?

Mike

You'll do a pistol qualification, but that's it as far as range time goes. 

#658 mike0331

mike0331

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted Today, 12:42

Is rifle qual part of WOCS/required for those of us coming in from another branch? I don't know if the army is like the USMC where you were required to have an annual rifle qual on record

Mike

#659 SBuzzkill

SBuzzkill

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted Today, 13:31

You'll qualify every year with rifles and pistols.  As far as flight school goes I remember having to qualify on both during a course called JOPD.  But that course went away according to MuffinMan above it sounds like you just do M9s now.

Edited by SBuzzkill, Today, 13:37.

#660 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted Today, 16:45

WOBC is the beginning of flight school technically. Just won't be near any helicopters for a couple months. WOBC is a 3 week class, followed by dunker/HOST, followed by SERE, and then actually finding out which air frame you'll fly during common core. WOBC is always first and then order can be changed somewhat.

I appreciate it. Sounds like that flight class date isnt mine then. Still holding out hope for the 67.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (5)

DevoreHome200Genesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeAble_VRHOme200PBH_HeliHarbor200PrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeColoradoHeliOpsHome200