Recruiting Battalion Interview

Yo Everyone,

This forum has been an excellent resource as I have been busting out this packet, it's been a beast, and I appreciate everyones help as my recruiter is a WOFT packet rookie. My interview with the Battalion board is on Wednesday, Aug 4, and I thought I would check if anyone here had any solid advice for me as I prepare.........

THANKS!

Yo Everyone,

This forum has been an excellent resource as I have been busting out this packet, it's been a beast, and I appreciate everyones help as my recruiter is a WOFT packet rookie. My interview with the Battalion board is on Wednesday, Aug 4, and I thought I would check if anyone here had any solid advice for me as I prepare.........

THANKS!

Just be yourself, and answer everything honestly. Stay calm and relaxed and make the members of the board know that you are the right person for the job.

Like he said, stay calm and relax, these officers are people too.

Get a fresh haircut, remember to shave, and dress professionally. There was an OCS candidate that went after me that got chewed up one side and down the other because the three candidates before him all had fresh haircuts but he didn't.

Like he said, stay calm and relax, these officers are people too.

Get a fresh haircut, remember to shave, and dress professionally. There was an OCS candidate that went after me that got chewed up one side and down the other because the three candidates before him all had fresh haircuts but he didn't.

They mustn't of been Aviation officers then.

How big is the battalion your interviewing at? I was the only applicant at my board...

I Was the only WOFT at my board too. There must be allot of people going for it at your station.

Don't stammer, if your nervous just say so. And be totally honest. . Tell them exactly why you are joining, I said I wanted to kill terrorists. And make sure what ever you said in your why I wanna letter matches up with whatever you tell them, they do read that letter before you walk in the room. I got max points on my board and I thought I did horrible. Now I've got 61 days and this morning til I leave to start my life in the Army as a Aviator.

Good Luck, Be honest.

sh*t. Interview pushed back due to large number of applicants.

Disregard that. They called me up in the morning and decided that they wanted me in today. Interview complete. Now I get to play the waiting game...

Yeah, it went pretty well. The interviewing officers were really laid back guys, which isn't really what I was expecting, so that made things easier.

Yeah, it went pretty well. The interviewing officers were really laid back guys, which isn't really what I was expecting, so that made things easier.

Yeah, that struck me by surprise at mine as well. Very laid back group of people, in fact we spent more time BSing than we did with the actual interview.

Interviews can go either way. It can be relaxed or they could be playing mind games the whole time. I had tow relaxed guys and one who was very abrasive and direct, but it all worked out and here I am at B co.

Dutch.

Edited by Dutch

• 2 weeks later...

Should I not be selected again, I believe it's another six months or a year to reapply, and I'm not sure whether to go that route(and consequently go broke)or to try for OCS, although my heart is with the choppers, and i'm pretty sure it would eat at me everyday as an officer watching them fly over. So, as far as a back-up plan goes...i'm torn.

• 4 months later...