WOFT and AFAST

We picked up some birds from down there. Good God I'm glad I'm not at Hood.

I mob'd out of there in 2010. Well..."North" Fort Hood. Ugh. Luckily I skipped most of the BS by being at TACOPS, but I still spent two weeks down on main post. Fairly crappy experience. I'd not like to be a junior enlisted down there.

• 4 months later...

Hi i am currently a civilian from las vegas an have gotten 3-5 LOR's i am about to pick up the Arco book in conjunction with the FAA manual to be ready for the AFAST...previously in this thread it was stated that the AFAST should no longer exist. I have not heard any such thing an if so what is this SIFT Test?

Hi i am currently a civilian from las vegas an have gotten 3-5 LOR's i am about to pick up the Arco book in conjunction with the FAA manual to be ready for the AFAST...previously in this thread it was stated that the AFAST should no longer exist. I have not heard any such thing an if so what is this SIFT Test?

Sorry to be blunt, but there are several threads in this subforum that will answer your questions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any news on the SIFT/ AFAST. I just talked to my recruiter who told me the transition still hasn't happened but I haven't seen any news that it was being delayed again (surprising since it was supposed to take place on the first of year.) There seemed to be a lot of chatter around here after the oct 1st delay so I figured someone might know something I'm missing.

Hey if you read the recent posts you could find that the last time the AFAST is going to be valid will be in the upcoming board next week. There is a person here that took the SIFT already and now we are waiting for his feedback. for any packets that are being prepared from now on, the SIFT will be required. I hope this answers your question.

• 2 weeks later...

Side note: AFAST scores are still valid for March board IF you were FQ-NS for the Jan board ...

I also asked if one should update with a SIFT score for their second look if they didnt get picked up in Jan board but they said its not neccessary and advised against it ... not sure of their reasoning as you would be competing with new applicants who have taken a SIFT.

Cause you could possibly get a failing score on the sift making you a non qualified applicant as your sift score overrides your afast score... My guess

Edited by Yamer

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I wanted to ask a few questions about the Afast/Sift exams. I am a european civilian helicopter pilot. I am searching for a good set of psychometric-aptitude tests for heli pilots, and I really wish I could use these ones. Is there a platform for civilian pilots to take them through? Is there a platform for JAA pilots to take them through? If these are not things that are generally done, could someone recommend what office or section I should contact to make a request to use such testing. Thanks in advance.