Helicopter University

Does anybody know anything about Helicopter University? I am interested in using this program, but for $200.00 I want to hear from some other people about their experiences with it before I buy it. I took a couple practice lessons and they seem pretty good to me, but an evaluation from an experienced pilot/instructor would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Helicopter University Website

Edited by panzer1999

Just make sure their curriculum is FAA approved and there is no conflict with the local flight school you'll be doing your flight training with. Nowadays, one must be careful who we give our hard earned dollars to! RPsmile.gif

Does anybody know anything about Helicopter University? I am interested in using this program, but for $200.00 I want to hear from some other people about their experiences with it before I buy it. I took a couple practice lessons and they seem pretty good to me, but an evaluation from an experienced pilot/instructor would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Helicopter University Website

Never seen it, never used it, but just went thru the free sections, looks really well done, but it is focused on the R22. If thats what your flying, it looks great.

Just make sure their curriculum is FAA approved smile.gif

It's approved as a home study course, which is all you need to take your written exam.

I am really excited to see something like this.

The helicopter industry is so far in the dark ages when it comes to computers.

It's weird when companies with multi-million dollar equipment, spend $500 to build a website-time-machine that takes you back to 1992.

The only thing I dislike is the access to the tests and quizzes for only six (6) months... If you buy the ASA Prepware download software with the book, you'll save a few dollars, and you will always have the information in your computer along with the book for future reference.

I don't know about this online course but "RUN" from Aviator Academy's Helicopter Ground School. They have only opened up the course thru module 4 of 12 modules. The last one they opened was way back in Jan 08'.

The only thing I dislike is the access to the tests and quizzes for only six (6) months... If you buy the ASA Prepware download software with the book, you'll save a few dollars, and you will always have the information in your computer along with the book for future reference.

I agree with this.

Thanks to everyone else for your input. I will probably go ahead with this and give a full review on here at a later time.

Edited by panzer1999

• 4 years later...

This website it a complete scam; the demo worked very well but once purchasing the course there is no way to create an account to use the product (if it even exists at all). The customer service, while responsive before purchasing will not respond after payment is made.