Great opportunity! R22 time building 100hrs @ 89-$/hr + fuel!

Great opportunity!

R22 Beta II available anywhere in the US for PIC time building (even long-distance XC if desired) for 100 hrs @ $89/hr (fuel not included average @ $46/hr).

This is not a ferry flight for a company, this is truly an opportunity to fly a well maintained/equipped helicopter anywhere you would like to fly for as cheap as it comes.

Call 310-854-2555 for more information

P.S. CFI/CFII available on request.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Great opportunity!

R22 Beta II available anywhere in the US for PIC time building (even long-distance XC if desired) for 100 hrs @ $89/hr (fuel not included average @ $46/hr).

This is not a ferry flight for a company, this is truly an opportunity to fly a well maintained/equipped helicopter anywhere you would like to fly for as cheap as it comes.

Can i have details?? i know i'ts been a long time ago!

Great opportunity!

Not sure why you're still advertising this offer? When you finally answered my email last month (after many many tries), you said the ship was booked through December of this year? Are you now offering those rates presently, or just teasing those of us who truly would like to build time?

Hey man check out the date, this was posted on Nov 5th 2010...

And FYI I may have a 2nd identical R22 available at $130/hr plus fuel (average $56/hr) for a 50 hrs package minimum...

To qualify you must have at least a private pilot lic helicopters with a valid 3rd class medical. That is a one time deal. If interested you can call me at 310-854-2555

Not sure why you're still advertising this offer? When you finally answered my email last month (after many many tries), you said the ship was booked through December of this year? Are you now offering those rates presently, or just teasing those of us who truly would like to build time?

Gime a break!!! Nothin serious!! period!

If you are looking for a deal,there is lots of time building opening's around for R22 and R44.

Just take your time and you will find very cheap cost..oh yeah..cheap cheap!! with serious people..

If you cant find or need pointing drop me a P.M and i'll shoot ya a few.

• 2 years later...

We are at $175/hour plus avgas. We are an advertiser. We have offered these rates since 2000 and at that time it was $100/hour. Prices have increased due to component times at RHC increasing in cost. I'm certain that we have the lowest rates and a program that mathematically makes sense for the long haul. Buy 100 hours and if you have cfi and total time of 300 hours and we generally give you a job, too. www.r22.us Tom 561-346-2816.

We are at $175/hour plus avgas. We are an advertiser. We have offered these rates since 2000 and at that time it was $100/hour. Prices have increased due to component times at RHC increasing in cost. I'm certain that we have the lowest rates and a program that mathematically makes sense for the long haul. Buy 100 hours and if you have cfi and total time of 300 hours and we generally give you a job, too. www.r22.us Tom 561-346-2816.

OR, someone can pay slightly more to avoid Boatpix and

• Not have to harass people
  • Not have to have to log time in a way that is morally questionable (logging flight time when you're actually being an aerial photographer)
  • Be able to comply with safety bulletins
  • Get to fly and train how YOU want (instead of paying to work for someone and fly their mission)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ Cheeto9

The animosity is because he is doing commercial work with the helicopter (taking photos). So, ideally - he would hire a commercial pilot and pay him to do the work.

Disclaimer - I have never worked at Boatpix.

IF ( <--- largest two letter word in the world )

you were going to build time by purchasing hours then Boatpix offers a good rate and offers the possibility of "employment".

I say "employment" in quotes because people believe (rightfully so) that you are buying a job.

So all that said and done - if I had no job, had the money to pay to build hours I would most definetly fly Boatpix. I've know four pilots that "worked" there and they absolutely loved it.

Bottom line, I was lucky enough to get a R44 Tour position and the sad truth is that my stepdaughter makes more money than me working at Wal Mart.

If Boatpix hired "employees" in the normal fashion, then that would probably be true there as well. As it stands it looks like he supplements the money he makes off of taking photos with selling stick wiggling time. I say this having no idea what he pays his "employees".

• 7 months later...

Great opportunity!

Hi there,

Do you still have the R22 available for time building? I am flying to Canada next month and looking to build some R22 or R44 time.

• 11 months later...

Hi there,

Do you still have the R22 available for time building? I am flying to Canada next month and looking to build some R22 or R44 time.

I think I'll say it again, pick up the phone and call his number. He jumps onto the board every now and then and could miss your message.

Whats with all the animosity towards boatpixs most of the time? I'm new so dont flame me.

Tom used to get crap for not advertising on the board. He fixed that about a decade ago now when he started advertising......geez, am I that old?

My personal opinion is it's a business model, it's unique and if it works and fits for where you are at, jump at it. Helicopters are really expensive to operate. One 5 second lapse in judgement could cost 50K. (start the engine with the throttle open, not be quick enough on the auto to keep from overspeeding the blades, etc.). I wish these things didn't cost what they do.....but they do.

A new R22 is about $260,000 US bucks now. If someone can create a business model and stay in business that says something. Tom owns and operates somewhere north of 20 ships.

Plenty of guys and gals pay to play. Nothing changes just because you got your commercial or CFI certificate yesterday. You're still a low time pilot looking for work, and good luck to you.

Same with ferry flights. Why one day you are willing to pay $270 an hour with an instructor to fly an R22 and the next day jumping on board a ferry flight and getting 10 hours in an R44 for $200 an hour is a bad deal??

Huh?

What worked for me may not work for you. What worked for the pilot next to you may not be an opportunity for you....network the crap out of yourself, and do about anything to get that first job flying. Don't bitch about the pay, the hours, as long as you are flying towards your goal.

More hours and more networking and magically more opportunities will appear. Maybe even some day an owner will call you and ask if you want to fly for him.....it can happen.

Don't close any door until you take a look at it firsthand.

But whatever you do, fly safe, make good decisions and go home at night.

Goldy

• Like 2

At least with boatpix you can call it job experience, and it may lead to another. With those ferry flights all your getting is boring straight and level and nothing you can really refer to as job experience your just throwing your money out the door as you watch the Hobbs meter turn over. Boatpix is at least fun, just make sure you're the one flying!

Resurrected year old post. :D

Experience? Maybe, barely. As I understand it, you invest over 20k on top of your training annoying boaters in the gulf. Then you can work as a CFI, taking pictures of boats while someone else with 20k to blow flies. Last time I did a photo flight I got paid for it and my photographer wasn't logging time. Crazy. No thank you, I'll hire the hard working CFI that studies his tail off and makes good decisions, not the guy that blew a small fortune on "time building". Do yourself a favor, don't do "just about anything" to get that first job. Make good decisions, use common sense, and find a full time job while you're waiting and networking. Enjoy your life, in the end, flying is just another job.