Sandel468UpperLimit2011Home_468x60Helicopter AcademyPeerlessVRForum468
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Great opportunity! R22 time building 100hrs @ 89-$/hr + fuel!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 highflyerusa

highflyerusa

COM Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:48

Great opportunity!

R22 Beta II available anywhere in the US for PIC time building (even long-distance XC if desired) for 100 hrs @ $89/hr (fuel not included average @ $46/hr).
This is not a ferry flight for a company, this is truly an opportunity to fly a well maintained/equipped helicopter anywhere you would like to fly for as cheap as it comes.

Call 310-854-2555 for more information

P.S. CFI/CFII available on request.
  • highflyerusa likes this

#2 Ecco1

Ecco1

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:59

Great opportunity!

R22 Beta II available anywhere in the US for PIC time building (even long-distance XC if desired) for 100 hrs @ $89/hr (fuel not included average @ $46/hr).
This is not a ferry flight for a company, this is truly an opportunity to fly a well maintained/equipped helicopter anywhere you would like to fly for as cheap as it comes.

Can i have details?? i know i'ts been a long time ago!

#3 kphansen4

kphansen4

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Skiing, Dirt Biking, Scuba Diving and Poker
  • Company working for:Arctic Refrigeration, Inc.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:32

Great opportunity!

#4 kphansen4

kphansen4

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Skiing, Dirt Biking, Scuba Diving and Poker
  • Company working for:Arctic Refrigeration, Inc.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:38

Not sure why you're still advertising this offer? When you finally answered my email last month (after many many tries), you said the ship was booked through December of this year? Are you now offering those rates presently, or just teasing those of us who truly would like to build time?

#5 highflyerusa

highflyerusa

COM Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:45

Hey man check out the date, this was posted on Nov 5th 2010...
And FYI I may have a 2nd identical R22 available at $130/hr plus fuel (average $56/hr) for a 50 hrs package minimum...
To qualify you must have at least a private pilot lic helicopters with a valid 3rd class medical. That is a one time deal. If interested you can call me at 310-854-2555

#6 Ecco1

Ecco1

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 16:40

Not sure why you're still advertising this offer? When you finally answered my email last month (after many many tries), you said the ship was booked through December of this year? Are you now offering those rates presently, or just teasing those of us who truly would like to build time?

Gime a break!!! Nothin serious!! period!

If you are looking for a deal,there is lots of time building opening's around for R22 and R44.
Just take your time and you will find very cheap cost..oh yeah..cheap cheap!! with serious people..
If you cant find or need pointing drop me a P.M and i'll shoot ya a few.

#7 highflyerusa

highflyerusa

COM Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 00:14

As I told you my helo is solid booked until the end of the year and I have another helo that I can use at the rate of 130-$ per hr plus fuel, I am not teasing anybody and helped a lot of guys out there, so if you are serious call me 310-854-2555

#8 Novembercharlie

Novembercharlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:45

Hi,

I know it s a while ago you posted this but can you still offer those hourbuilding rates?

I am very interested.

Please contact me on; n_cambier@hotmail.com

Best Regards,

Nicolas

#9 Goldy

Goldy

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts
  • Interests:uuuh? flying helicopers maybe?
  • Company working for:Hey I didn't know you could loop an R22 ???

Posted 25 October 2013 - 00:31

May want to try calling the 310 number....he may not see this post for months....

Fly Safe !!

Goldy-CPL(H),R22A, HP, B, BII, R44R1,RII,R44Clipper, R66, B47G2, S300C, S333, B206B3, DG500, RV10, E480B, AS350BA, what next?

FAA Aircraft Dealer
http://www.bestaerialphoto.com
http://www.phpa.org
http://www.rotorcraftpro.com
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvN3GDEXPos
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuX9SO5uCno

#10 Boatpix

Boatpix

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 20:55

We are at $175/hour plus avgas. We are an advertiser.  We have offered these rates since 2000 and at that time it was $100/hour.   Prices have increased due to component times at RHC increasing in cost.   I'm certain that we have the lowest rates and a program that mathematically makes sense for the long haul.    Buy 100 hours and if you have cfi and total time of 300 hours and we generally give you a job, too.      www.r22.us  Tom 561-346-2816.

Tom McDermott, manager
HelicopterAcademy.com/BOATPIX

#11 terminal_velo

terminal_velo

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 21:09

We are at $175/hour plus avgas. We are an advertiser.  We have offered these rates since 2000 and at that time it was $100/hour.   Prices have increased due to component times at RHC increasing in cost.   I'm certain that we have the lowest rates and a program that mathematically makes sense for the long haul.    Buy 100 hours and if you have cfi and total time of 300 hours and we generally give you a job, too.      www.r22.us  Tom 561-346-2816.

OR, someone can pay slightly more to avoid Boatpix and

• Not have to harass people
  • Not have to have to log time in a way that is morally questionable (logging flight time when you're actually being an aerial photographer)
  • Be able to comply with safety bulletins
  • Get to fly and train how YOU want (instead of paying to work for someone and fly their mission)

• troll.detector likes this

#12 Cheeto9

Cheeto9

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Skiing, Boating, anything that goes fast..
  • Company working for:Seaching...

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:33

Whats with all the animosity towards boatpixs most of the time? I'm new so dont flame me.

#13 Jaybee

Jaybee

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:58

@ Cheeto9

The animosity is because he is doing commercial work with the helicopter (taking photos). So, ideally - he would hire a commercial pilot and pay him to do the work. 

Disclaimer - I have never worked at Boatpix.

IF ( <--- largest two letter word in the world )

you were going to build time by purchasing hours then Boatpix offers a good rate and offers the possibility of "employment". 

I say "employment" in quotes because people believe (rightfully so) that you are buying a job. 

So all that said and done - if I had no job, had the money to pay to build hours I would most definetly fly Boatpix. I've know four pilots that "worked" there and they absolutely loved it.

Bottom line, I was lucky enough to get a R44 Tour position and the sad truth is that my stepdaughter makes more money than me working at Wal Mart.

If Boatpix hired "employees" in the normal fashion, then that would probably be true there as well. As it stands it looks like he supplements the money he makes off of taking photos with selling stick wiggling time. I say this having no idea what he pays his "employees".

"In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks." — Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900. 

"The foot rests have a profound impact on the outcome of today's flight ending safely" - My flight instructor.

#14 pilot#476398

pilot#476398

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 22:29

Whats with all the animosity towards boatpixs most of the time? I'm new so dont flame me.

Its either the logging of picture taking as flight time, or the requirement to buy 100 hours in an R22 mariner before he'll pay you,...even if you have 600 hours all R22 and photo experience?

Not sure though?

#15 whirlybird25

whirlybird25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 22:25

Great opportunity!

Hi there,

Do you still have the R22 available for time building? I am flying to Canada next month and looking to build some R22 or R44 time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BristowHomeMaunaLoaSoftwareVRHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliAviationHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeJR Aviation Home 200NFCVRForum200Home