A Day at Native Air 37

Nice video John. Thanks for sharing it.

ironranger

Thanks! I'm working on an NVG mount for the GoPro right now. We have a spare set at the base. If I can get a mount together that doesn't interfer with anything else and still has a good view outside, I should be able to do some interesting shots.

• 5 months later...

One thought FWIW...

At 2:28, there is an Astar lifting. It comes off the ground and goes almost vertical immediately. My only thought (and I'm not criticizing) is something I learned something where I used to fly that I still use to this day that could be a life (or aircraft) saver. The 3 second hover/power check. When I come off the deck, I hold a hover for at least 3 seconds. Usually it's just enough time to check power avail, and P's and T's. An engine failure is more likely to happen at a major power change right? Well there isn't much more of a power change than when going from flat pitch on the ground to hover power and in that case, full TO power. I once saw an EC130 (same engine as that AS350B3) lift, hover for about 2 seconds and then shoot a 6 foot flame out of the exhaust...engine failed. Had there been no 3 second hover or a lift like that depicted in the video, it could have been a real issue but instead a simple hover auto from 3 feet and the AC was unharmed.

Like I said, just FWIW but I have seen it become of value and it doesn't cost a thing.

Cool videos though! :)

• Like 1

One thought FWIW...

At 2:28, there is an Astar lifting. It comes off the ground and goes almost vertical immediately. My only thought (and I'm not criticizing) is something I learned something where I used to fly that I still use to this day that could be a life (or aircraft) saver. The 3 second hover/power check. When I come off the deck, I hold a hover for at least 3 seconds. Usually it's just enough time to check power avail, and P's and T's. An engine failure is more likely to happen at a major power change right? Well there isn't much more of a power change than when going from flat pitch on the ground to hover power and in that case, full TO power. I once saw an EC130 (same engine as that AS350B3) lift, hover for about 2 seconds and then shoot a 6 foot flame out of the exhaust...engine failed. Had there been no 3 second hover or a lift like that depicted in the video, it could have been a real issue but instead a simple hover auto from 3 feet and the AC was unharmed.

Like I said, just FWIW but I have seen it become of value and it doesn't cost a thing.

Cool videos though! :)

Sebastian,

Are you talking about the shot with 2 birds on the pad?

Nice video. One problem though, the music you chose had me waiting for Pamela Anderson to come running up to the heli in a red one piece... A little dissapointed when it ended and that scene had apparently got cut from the final production. :D

• Like 1

Nice video. One problem though, the music you chose had me waiting for Pamela Anderson to come running up to the heli in a red one piece... A little dissapointed when it ended and that scene had apparently got cut from the final production. :D

My bad. I'll do a better job of editing next time!

• Like 1