Looking for a wireless ICS system

My Department is in the process of outfitting our new aircraft and we are considering a wireless ICS option. I have not done any research on this yet. Ideally, The pilot will remain hard wired... I'm looking for the ability to communicate with my TFO and Medic when they are out of the aircraft. Some examples would be during firewatch and at an LZ.

Anyone doing this now? Anyone know of any products / solutions out there whether it be Bluetooth or another radio system?

Thanks.

• Like 1

The military is attempting to incorporate a system called Air Warrior AWIS (Aircraft Wireless Intercom System.) Do a bit of research on that and see what you can come up with. I haven't heard of any civilian type equipment of that nature yet however. Your best bet right now might be to utilize a stand alone uhf/vhf hand radio when not hooked into the helicopters' communication system.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't know if you are still looking for a wireless ICS option. We have used with some very good succes a headset made by Tiger Performance. They custom build them to what options you want. It is nice and works well. You can also get an attachment that connects to the 800 handheld radio to work for greater distance than the ICS. They can also build the system into a helmet.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Marine Corps has been looking for wireless ICS for over 10 years, and has yet to pull the trigger, in spite of at least two fatalities linked to not having it.

I admire any organization that can just decide to buy it. And then actually does.