SandelVRGen468TigerTugsVRForumGen468UpperLimit2011General_468x60Helicopter Academy
Photo
- - - - -

Clip On Sunglasses

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rotor91

rotor91

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:Wife, OCEAN, and anything helicopters.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 16:12

Does anyone know where I can buy clip on non-polarized sunglasses? This is without having to go through insurance. They have polarized clip on for $13 at Costco, and $15 at Walmart, but I cannot find non polarized. I don't want the grandpa flip ups, i am way tooooo young for that! LOL

Thanks in advance-
Rob
R91

#2 rodrop

rodrop

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 16:42

Does anyone know where I can buy clip on non-polarized sunglasses? This is without having to go through insurance. They have polarized clip on for $13 at Costco, and $15 at Walmart, but I cannot find non polarized. I don't want the grandpa flip ups, i am way tooooo young for that! LOL

Thanks in advance-
Rob
R91

arggggg someone told me a website yesterday and I didn't listen. :huh:
dummy me

#3 Karl

Karl

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 17:23

Amazon has a couple.

#4 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs! :D

Posted 11 April 2011 - 17:24

I got mine at LensCrafters, in the mall. It was a while ago though, however, if you don't like the polarized lenses(I know I don't), you should be able to just replace the existing ones, with non-polarized ones?

I have flown:  34 different R22s - HP, Beta, Beta II, Mariner, 10-hole IFR, one with a digital sign attached to the bottom, and one with a cassette player!,  R44 - Raven I, II, Clipper I, II,  Schweizer 300CB, CBi,  Enstrom F280C,  MD500C,  Bell206BIII,  Sikorsky S-55...

B)

"We really need pilots this season."

"All we really care about is, can you fly the helicopter?"

"We know you can fly."

"We're gonna have to let you know."

,...That has to be my favorite kick in the nuts!  :blink: 

Commercial Aviation is stuck-up, heartless, and two-faced,...and it can kiss my hairy, white ass!,...and pilot shortage?,...you can't see it, but I'm playing the worlds smallest violin.  

#5 VanD

VanD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 00:17

I bought my glasses about six months ago. They came with a tiny little magnet between the frames so a pair of magnetic clip on sunglasses would easily attach. Came with the sun glasses attachment too. But since you probably don't want a whole new set of glasses then pretty much any lensecrafters should have some... might be expensive though. Just find a pair you like in store, find its make number and look for a cheaper pair online. Try http://www.framesdirect.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GibsonBarnesGeneral200HeliHelmetsOdysseyGeneral200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200ColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200NFCVRGeneral200