Helicopter FITS SBT Facilitators

Mikemv

There are now 32 Helicopter FITS SBT Facilitators!

19 CFIs completed training yesterday at Suncrest Aviation in Spanish Fork, Utah but some of them were from their Grand Junction, Colorado location.

Suncrest Aviation has joined Vertex Helicopters in Houston, Texas, plus Colorado Heli-Ops and North Andover Flight Academy in Mass. in their flight training programs to FITS SBT Concepts and methodologies to provide modern training for Helicopter pilots.

Other schools are getting ready to modernize.

Train & Fly Safe

Mike

I attended this training and appreciate the new perspective. I'm not a CFI yet so I look back on my training up till now and can see how this approach would have been beneficial. Also, I can hopefully start my CFI training using SBT methodology rather than having to change up my approach after developing other habits. Thanks for the training Mike!

One challenge I had in my own training was not being in the PIC mindset. It felt like role playing or simulation up until my checkride, then everything felt very real and crucial. I don't blame my instructors for that, half the problem was mine in not having the right attitude.

That is what I would hope the FITS SBT approach will most accomplish. Helping the Pilot in Training to become aware of and comfortable with acting and thinking as the PIC. Because for me at least, maneuvers based training was more like following orders, rather than really being situationally aware and actively using ADM.

Thanks again Mike for coming out to Suncrest Aviation.

-Chris

• Like 1