Wire Avoidance Systems... Improved?

every power line has enough external output of radiant electrical impulses to form a signature

They tried to come up with lighted marker balls bthat use that induction to light themselves.

The problem is that is an incorrect assumption. the top wire, the Static or earthwire is almost never energized. The lighted balls were a failure because they marked the second to top wire and we know where that could lead.

Maybe if you made something like a NFC chip that is being used in smart phones. You could use the radiation to power the chip and the chip could be programmed to "report" the height of the static/tension wire. I'm no engineer and part of NFC is near field so I don't know the distance it could work with a stronger radiation field.

I was flying power line patrol today & was approaching a sub-station near a really high span of wire crossing a river. I was monitoring 123.02 and suddenly there was a warning alarm siren and a woman's voice saying, "Power line! Power line!" in my ears! The alarm sound scared the hell out of me. Never heard of it before but apparently PG&E has proximity detectors at certain spans. There is a light that flashes too but I didn't see it.