Is getting a 110GT hard on the ASVAB? How hard is ASVAB?

Study. Why wouldn't you? This is your future career on the line. Treat it as such.

I really hope you finish up your application. Army Aviation needs more of this attitude.

My 7th edition ARCO book has nothing on the SIFT (somebody correct me if I'm wrong), which is a new test.

It does have a study guide for the Navy's ASTB though, which will be part of the SIFT.

I really hope you finish up your application. Army Aviation needs more of this attitude.

Thanks, that means a lot. I'm on it!

My 7th edition ARCO book has nothing on the SIFT (somebody correct me if I'm wrong), which is a new test.

My recommendation would be to hit the books hard, and take the AFAST before the SIFT comes out. That way, if they "grandfather" in the SIFT, it is likely they will take your AFAST score and not make you do the new test. If this does not end up being the case (i.e. they do in fact make you take the SIFT), your advantage will be that you already have a good knowledge base from studying for the AFAST, since some of the sections will be quite similar, if not in content, then conceptually. Win/win. It's the best game to play.

*Note: However, do NOT rush into taking the AFAST before you are confident in your success. This isn't the ASVAB; you cannot keep retaking it for a better score. You get one shot.

1. For all, the AFAST is still the current Army Aviator selection test. It may take a while to implement SIFT which is planned as being the new test. Yes there are some batteries selected from the ASTB and some that were developed for SIFT by the Army Reseach Institute (ARI). ARI is the Army's proponent for selection tests. They developed FAST and AFAST. AFAST replaced FAST. One of the differences between AFAST and SIFT is that AFAST is paper and pencil and SIFT is computer based. SIFT is also developed for the new modernized aircraft in mind (IE. glass cockpits, and digital). The test is to be hosted by the Navy Aviation secure test server in Pensacola, Fla. which is were the ASTB is hosted by the Navy. AFAST currently has low validity due to compromise such as the ARCO guide and the fact that it has been out there forever (since 1980) in two test versions. Research scientists call the test protocol used for AFAST a "Select Out" type test and SIFT is to be used as a "Select In" type test. "Select out" means that you have to make a minimum score (90 for AFAST) or you are out of the pool. Everyone that make it in that pool are equal. "Select in" means that what ever you score is compared to the rest of the selectees at a particular selection board and are ranked by highest score for selection after meeting other requirements (IE. ASVAB, Flight Physcal etc.). A score value for a "Select In" type test is not that relevent because there is no cut off score and for SIFT has not yet been set that I know of. "Select In" allows for selecting potential pilots that will succeed better in Flight School as well as throught their career and will reduce eliminations in flight school. It is not fair for a student to fail in flight school thinking he or she had flight aptitude due to prepairing using the ARCO guide which pretty much the current test.