Robinson R-44 Ferry Flight

From California to Florida

Have you ever flow from one side of the country to the other?

Tired of flying the traffic pattern and want to get some time seeing new

and different areas of our beautiful country?

In the beginning of April we will be ferrying a brand new R-44 from the

Robinson factory to Sarasota, Florida. You will do most of the flying.

The trip will take 22-25 hours of flight time and about three or four

days. If you are interested give us a call at 9413551259

• Like 1

Robinson R-44 Ferry Flight

From California to Florida

Have you ever flow from one side of the country to the other?

Tired of flying the traffic pattern and want to get some time seeing new

and different areas of our beautiful country?

In the beginning of April we will be ferrying a brand new R-44 from the

Robinson factory to Sarasota, Florida. You will do most of the flying.

The trip will take 22-25 hours of flight time and about three or four

days. If you are interested give us a call at 9413551259

Just curious if you have ever read this: http://www.robinsonheli.com/documents/ferry_flight_information.pdf

Both seats have to be rated pilots, but it would be a fun time builder....

• Like 1

Yea, I got the malaware attack too by firefox. Their main site works fine http://www.robinsonheli.com/

Could be the PDF is compromised or something?

Weird, could be. I just googled "Robinson Heli, ferry pilot" and their pdf came up of requirements as the first hit.

Looks like no primary instruction. So no certificate then no controls. This doesnt really answer your question though, from what I understand, whoever is acting as PIC logs it. To both log it, one has to be under the hood and the other a safety pilot. I do not think sim instrument counts as primary instruction.

I'm sure whoever was interested already phoned them.

But can't they just pick it up, land it at the next available spot, and switch seats, so whoever is tagging along start logging PIC for the remaining of the trip? To me it looks like Robinson just wants to make sure that whoever gets released to, they don't crash it. Once its out of their hands, I don't think that information document has any effect.

IMO, there is no need to land and swap seats. It does not matter what seat you are in to log pic, its whoever is at the controls.

As far as landing and doing your own thing, that's a whole other topic in itself. Robinson likes to think they have the say in what you do with your helicopter wherever you are, not just the minute you leave the factory. I think they might frown on that.

IMO, there is no need to land and swap seats. It does not matter what seat you are in to log pic, its whoever is at the controls.

As far as landing and doing your own thing, that's a whole other topic in itself. Robinson likes to think they have the say in what you do with your helicopter wherever you are, not just the minute you leave the factory. I think they might frown on that.

They frown on anything that puts their reputation at risk and takes money out of their pockets. Several fatal accidents have happened during ferry flights from the factory plant, which is why they require the training and flight plan approval ad nauseum. They want to minimize the risk of someone not familiar with the quirks and dangers of the Robinsons balling it up 10 miles from the factory and then getting sued over a 'defective' aircraft. It happens more often than anyone really wants to think about...

They frown on anything that puts their reputation at risk and takes money out of their pockets. Several fatal accidents have happened during ferry flights from the factory plant, which is why they require the training and flight plan approval ad nauseum. They want to minimize the risk of someone not familiar with the quirks and dangers of the Robinsons balling it up 10 miles from the factory and then getting sued over a 'defective' aircraft. It happens more often than anyone really wants to think about...

well said. That's why I wanted to make sure anyone going along for the ride knew the rules.