Best Helicopter Magazine?

mrkik

Hi fellow helicopter folks!

I'm a new pilot (got my private mid february) and I have about 65 hours now. :) But anyways, I'm looking for a good magazine specific to helicopters. I know there are many, but I'm looking for something really informative and maybe extra useful to a new pilot. AOPA has a decent magazine that I got for several months, but it's really for fixed wing and a large portion of it isn't really helpful to me as a helicopter pilot. (http://flighttraining.aopa.org/)

I really would just enjoy a good helicopter magazine (and if it was geared to flight training, even better), so I'm asking, in your opinion, what's the best? Or what do you recommend.

Thanks!

• Like 1

There are several really good helicopter magazines out there. Naturally, I am partial to one in particular........Rotorcraft Pro Magazine.

Here is the most recent online digital issue: ROTORCRAFT PRO MARCH 2012

You can subscribe free to the Print / Digital Editions.....or both........or look at current/past issues by starting here: http://www.justhelicopters.com/tabid/420/Default.aspx

We are also in iTunes and the Apple App Store if you like to read mags on the iPhone or iPad. Search for Helicopter Magazine in the App Store.

Disclaimer - I am obviously bias because I am the Editor In Chief of the Magazine.

You have that right to be Lyn. Hope all is well in your busy world of making every thing better for all helicopter industry. I am pretty sure I speak for us all when I say we all appreciate your contributions to the industry.

• Like 1

There are several really good helicopter magazines out there. Naturally, I am partial to one in particular........Rotorcraft Pro Magazine.

You can subscribe free to the Print / Digital Editions.....or both........or look at current/past issues by starting here: http://www.justhelic...20/Default.aspx

We are also in iTunes and the Apple App Store if you like to read mags on the iPhone or iPad. Search for Helicopter Magazine in the App Store.

Disclaimer - I am obviously bias because I am the Editor In Chief of the Magazine.

I don't mind a bias. These forums have been great, and I imagine the magazine will be also. I just subscribed to it!

Has anyone read Vertical? http://verticalmag.com/subscriptions/

Its quite a bit more expensive then Rotorcraft Pro.

Also, I had a flight training question but I don't remember it right now. Oh well

You can subscribe free to the Print / Digital Editions.....or both........or look at current/past issues by starting here: http://www.justhelic...20/Default.aspx

I really enjoyed the Dear Mom I'm alive story......mrkik, since you already have Rotorcraft Pro on the way, if you feel the need for a second magazine, then Vertical would be your next best choice.

• Like 1

In my opinion,

Today, there are now more helo mags than ever before. The Grandfather of them all is Rotor&Wing Magazine which, to my knowledge, was the first helo mag specific to the industry. With that, todays mags provide the same type of information with their own spin on the industry. Regardless of the type of information or spin, it’s clear the overwhelming message is entertainment. This is not being said as a matter of pessimism but merely an observation of helicopter industry publications as a whole. Simply put, these publications understand where their money comes from and printing anything viewed as negative may result in their own demise. Nevertheless, these mags give insight into this business and if you’re new to our little slice of heaven, it would behoove to read each mag cover-to-cover….

Blog pending….

I read Vertical, Rotorcraft Pro, Rotor&wing and Heli-ops ( available digitally only now ). All of them are good magazines. Heli-ops was the first to put in alot of great photography and Vertical does as well. I read all of them from cover to cover.