Intro, Chances for WOFT, Updates

The fact that you still think you shouldn't have mentioned the tickets, i.e. fraudulent enlistment, demonstrates that you didn't learn anything in the dozens of pages of help people have tried to give you in this thread.

You also didn't defend any attacks on USMA grads; you gave them a bad name.

• Like 2

United,

For the most part this forum is academic, professional, and a good clearing house for perspective military helicopter pilots.

I only participate because there aren't any folks flaming or creating useless threads or comments that we have to spend 10 minutes scrolling through to get the real information...except you.

Do us all a favor, add to discussions if you have credible input, otherwise please refrain form giving your opinions and experience based thoughts when you have nothing to offer.

Anonymity is for perverts, I'll be happy to send you my contact information if you'd like to discuss it further.

Mike-

• Like 4

Roger that Mike, appreciate the response, and thanks for serving as well.

With all this talk of low flight time due to draw down related factors, and since I'm doing well on the civvi side I may opt for the Reserve/Guard route. Although getting into the 160th would be an awesome thing (long term goal). I am sure they fly all the time, do high speed missions, etc.. but the tradeoff is they don't get to see their families often because it's so demanding I imagine.

Honestly, I have no idea what i'm going to do w/ myself at this point. Its hard to see what life in any of these units would be like without signing a contract.

Although getting into the 160th would be an awesome thing (long term goal). I am sure they fly all the time, do high speed missions, etc..

Right, because none of the other CABs do "high speed" missions. Interesting.

ADM UNSAT

This thread is making me crazy. ;)

Figured since im finally getting everything together and plan to make the may board ill post my stats

GT: 121

APFT: 290 (unofficial, been working out everyday and dropping weight to hit a 300 for the official on the 2 mile)

AFAST: 130 taking the Sift next Thurs at Ft Meade

College: 30 credits with UMUC 3.85 GPA

LORs from my Dept Officer O-3, Base XO O-6 (navy Pilot), still trying to locate a senior WO which hasnt been easy since im at a Naval Air Station with hardly any Army around the area

No prior flight experience, father was an ATC in the Army at Ft Rucker when i was born and grew up watching anything that flew at the local airport/guard unit!! the few times i have been in the air as a passenger i cant help but grin ear to ear!!

Additional Info: Made advancement first time up, taken up additional non required Navy qualifications on my off time, Volunteered with Special Olympics and other Public events, assigned as a assistant command fitness leader, Field training Officer in my dept to help other junior sailors become qualified and was nominated to the junior sailor of the quarter board at my base.

Best of Luck to all Applicants AD and civilian

Here's a tip that applies after you pass WOFT boards, Basic Training and WOCS: Maintain your PT and get used to PTing on your own. Once you start flight school, you won't have organized PT or have much time to PT. The kicker is that your PFT score is worth one-third of your overall score in the Order of Merit (OML - basically your class standing).

Aircraft Selection (for Active Duty Warrant Officers) is based on this list. Basically, #1 gets to pick his aircraft first. There's only a number of slots per airframe, especially guns. Another thing to consider is that if you're thinking of going SOAR later in your career, they recruit students who place #1 or #2 in their class.

My PFT score wasn't so hot but managed to wrangle me one of the four Apache slots in our class.

• 4 months later...

The prodigal son returns once more...

My brother met a recruiter in NY, who had become his in-law recently. He said he could get me in (Enlisted as E-4), and that my PDQ story seemed put of place. I'm faxing over my documents shortly, just to see if it's possible.

Also, I read as of April TA has been reinstated. This could be a great chance for myself and others to pursue higher education and perhaps strengthen a WOFT packet.

Respectfully,

Unitedwestand

• Like 1