GOM

Five0

Things are SLOOOOOWLY picking up.

PHI and ERA have been hiring for the past 18 months or so. A good sign is that Bristow has placed ads for pilots recently which they haven't in years. Chevron is looking occasionally too, but you need previous GOM time to get on with them.

Having said that, there are lots of resumes pouring in so they can all be a pit picky. I would be lying if I said I knew what the magic combo that HR is looking for. It seems to be all over the place.

Phi likes night and atps. They want you to at least be elligable for atp. You can get all the atp req except the night offshore. Website minimums are 1500. But i think the real magic happens when a friend drops off your resume for you. They also seem to like the blackhawk guys to go straight into sic 76's. Been meeting a lot of new guys from the guard.

• 4 weeks later...

For those who are currently working in the GOM, can you speak about the job a bit?

-Hours and quals prior to getting hired

-Schedule (likes and dislikes)

-Benefits

-Overall satisfaction with the job

-Anything beneficial to someone thinking of accepting an offer to work the GOM

For those who are currently working in the GOM, can you speak about the job a bit?

-Hours and quals prior to getting hired

-Schedule (likes and dislikes)

-Benefits

-Overall satisfaction with the job

-Anything beneficial to someone thinking of accepting an offer to work the GOM

Probably not all the info you are looking for, but here is a video I made (3parts) and a website I created with salary info.

http://www.justhelicopters.tv/Play/TabId/267/VideoId/234/Gomer-Working-In-The-Gulf-Of-Mexico-Part1.aspx

http://www.helicoptersalaries.com/

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...