Survived a Fire

mausermolt

experienced my first accident yesterday. S-58 caught on fire in a hover about to take off. scariest moment in my career. just a word to all who experience this in the future: screw the bird, she tried to kill you....let her burn. just get out as quickly and safely as possible.

• Like 3

Wow, dude, glad you're okay! Must've been a scary moment or two, huh?

But I'm curious. The FAA preliminary report says that this a/c caught fire during refueling. But you say it happened as you were in a hover. So you were actually flying?? Damn! That cherry-drying business must be riskier than I thought!

Again, happy that you got out in time. Too much magnesium in those old helicopters for me :-/

experienced my first accident yesterday. S-58 caught on fire in a hover about to take off. scariest moment in my career. just a word to all who experience this in the future: screw the bird, she tried to kill you....let her burn. just get out as quickly and safely as possible.

Good on yuh. Survival first! Once that's certain, protect property.

i dont know why they said i was refueling...i had just FINISHED refueling and hoped back in. but oh well it will get straightened out somewhere