Heli Aviation Florida is looking for a Student Pilot who wants to Build Turbine Time on a 20-hours ferry flight, departing in Florida to Oregon in August 15th, 2012. Hourly Price will be $275 an hour.

CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO:

info@heliaviation-florida.com

www.heliaviation-florida.com

www.facebook.com/HeliAviationFlorida

I had no idea there was such a thing as a " Mountain Experience " endorsement. I've transitioned thru those mountains a couple of times, no one ever conciders " just passing thru " mountain experience. You guys out there should really quit trying to B.S. the young inexperienced pilot wannabees with ferry flight stories. I'm NEVER negative on this forum, but, common now, there's not enough mountain experience, night flight or simulated instrument time there to do anyone any good. What there is thats good is, cross country & turbine time @ a high cost to get your machine where it needs to go. That $7700 is better spent somewhere else in the training phase, than on a cross country. Be fair & charge $150 an hour. Your machine needs to get there no matter what. $4200 cash is fair & better than $0.

Ok, let the Copterkeith bashing begin !!!

• Like 7

I don't mind being negative, so here goes!

Paying for turbine hours is a COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY! If you're a GA pilot who just wants to have some fun, go ahead and take this offer. If you're a wannabee career pilot, save your money,...you're gonna need it!

• Like 4

My question is probably too obvious. If the R66 is a "brand new" helicopter, how the hell did it get to Florida? Did you ship it there, assemble it, then decide to fly it back to California where it was made to begin with?

$275 is a bit steep, but whether to spend the money is really up to each pilot and not my call. The R66 is probably the easiest turbine out there to start and easy to fly for anyone with some R44 experience.

But you should probably buy an ad on VR next time....

• Like 2

I had no idea there was such a thing as a " Mountain Experience " endorsement. I've transitioned thru those mountains a couple of times, no one ever conciders " just passing thru " mountain experience. You guys out there should really quit trying to B.S. the young inexperienced pilot wannabees with ferry flight stories. I'm NEVER negative on this forum, but, common now, there's not enough mountain experience, night flight or simulated instrument time there to do anyone any good. What there is thats good is, cross country & turbine time @ a high cost to get your machine where it needs to go. That $7700 is better spent somewhere else in the training phase, than on a cross country. Be fair & charge $150 an hour. Your machine needs to get there no matter what. $4200 cash is fair & better than $0.

Ok, let the Copterkeith bashing begin !!!

Dude your post is solid with me. Let me basically reiterate it.

A mountain experience and a turbine transition endorsement? Seriously? Thats funny, I fly an MD500E every day and I fly in terrain that covers up to about 13,200ft and I dont have either?. I long lined weed for about 2.5 hrs today also at about 3000ft at 100 degrees. Can I get a High DA long line endorsement?

Mountain Experience? Flying over them isnt really mountain experience. Unless your going to take time out of your flight to do mountain training, like emergency canyon turns, actually getting high enough to experience LTE for real so you know how it feels to have your left pedal go "clunk" or do you mean flying over them like an airplane or flying into an airport with 7000ft of runway? I also fly a Turbo 206H, but I dont log mountain time when Im flying over them.

Just say it. "Hey, we need a guy who wants to foot the Jet A bill so we can cut our costs on this flight. And Ill let you fly." Id be totally cool with that. Listing a bunch of made up endorsements isnt cool.

"and get an Endorsement for your Training (PPL; CPL; IFR; ATPL; CFII...)!" Endorsement for what? Your going to endorse a guy for a check ride towards a rating?

"No minimum requirements as a Pilot! And you have also the opportunity to do just the half way of the flight, so you safe money and get also enough experience." Enough experience doing what?

CopterKeith, your numbers are wrong...... you forgot to include lodging, meals and any other expenses the student may incure!! This is easily an $8000+ trip. Not to mention return travel once the flight is over.

Rent an R22 and do $8000 worth of solo night xctry. Or better yet, make a deal with a struggling CFI whos looking to check some career boxes also and split the time. You can double your money.

We all understand money makes aircraft fly far more than Bernoulli's Principle ever has, but dont blow smoke making it sound like some kid is going to walk away with "endorsements" that you have basically made up.

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

Ok, Pro! Please show me your Calculation how to operate a Turbine Helicopter for $275 which includes Profit, Fuel, Operating Expenses, Insurance, Overhaul, Leasing, Hangar, CFI etc. Please provide also real world proofs! I'm curious about it :-D

The good thing is, that no one here owns an Aircraft!

I think you're scared now and what happens if someone crash the engine?! Do you think the engine is insured? Trust me, it isn't that easy like you think! End of story!

Uhh, actually many of us on the forum own aircraft, so not sure where you're getting that info from.

Not sure how you crash an engine? If you can't start an R66 and keep it within limits then that pilot probably needs to look for a new line of work....it is that easy! Compare it to a modulated start C30, and its really a piece of cake!

Sorry about your bills, but like I said earlier, there are plenty of turbine opportunities for a lot less than $275, many of them are posted here on VR.......but to each his own.

I think if I could sum up your response....take a chill.

Considering the rental price for an R22, $275/hr for an R66 seems pretty good! I'd buy an hour or two, just to check one out,...just not on a ferry flight though!

Absolutely, for building some time, it's not bad. But you could also jump into an AStar for $200-$250 or so an hour, so all I was saying, is it's not a fall over great deal. We've argued the value of building turbine time, and some feel its worthless to have 20 hours of it, but when you can build some time in an unfamilair airframe, and have it be in a turbine and do it for the cost of an R22, I say that's a deal I would encourage for younger time builders.

Absolutely, for building some time, it's not bad. But you could also jump into an AStar for $200-$250 or so an hour, so all I was saying, is it's not a fall over great deal. We've argued the value of building turbine time, and some feel its worthless to have 20 hours of it, but when you can build some time in an unfamilair airframe, and have it be in a turbine and do it for the cost of an R22, I say that's a deal I would encourage for younger time builders.

If you don't mind me asking, where can you jump into an Astar for $200-$250/hr? That's another helicopter I'd love to just check out for an hour or two.

If you don't mind me asking, where can you jump into an Astar for $200-$250/hr? That's another helicopter I'd love to just check out for an hour or two.

Watch VR, especially the ferry flight forum. They post them about once a month and its the real deal. Basically a long ferry flight bringing a ship into, or back from, maintenance. Several VR members have taken the flights on everything from a 206, 350 or 407. You'll see in the post it always mentions "for about the cost of an R22". The last flight that a friend of mine took, it worked out to just about $200 an hour...

Edited by Goldy

What's your problem? We just offer flight time here for a price what we can represent. Not every ferry flight is a "must flight" which has to be flow, like maintenance etc. Some flights are calculated like this and if you would read our website you would know that we're specialized in Turbine Flight Training. If you find a flight for $200 (doesn't matter if R22, ASTAR or Black Hawk), be happy and do it and don't comment something stupid where you actually have no plan how our calculations look like!

We are not a charity institute! That's a great price and we still have enough students who are happy with our business, especially our pricings. And by the way, we are the cheapest flight school on the market right now. Just look on our Training pricings, my friend!! I never clamped someone to do this "VERY EXPENSIVE RIP-OFF" ferry flight, like you think :-D

Too funny sometimes what people think about aviation and the calculations, especially if they have no idea about real costs! But thanks for your great posts ^^