SIFT INFORMATION

Hell, that is how I thought they did it back when I got boarded. If I am wrong, then ignore me. I know that at least my recruiter told me that I didnt get picked up on the December board but I did on the January one. That was 2009/2010 though.

Maybe you never got denied for December because they never had one. As far as I have heard it is every other month and December isn't one of them, it goes Nov then straight to Jan. Maybe you were good to go all along and your recruiter thought it was month to month.

Maybe you never got denied for December because they never had one. As far as I have heard it is every other month and December isn't one of them, it goes Nov then straight to Jan. Maybe you were good to go all along and your recruiter thought it was month to month.

sounds like a recruiter to me!!! lol

For what it is worth, i got some feedback from my recruiter this morning. I sent him the text from the announcement and asked if this change would impact the timing of my targeted board date.

He said that it wouldnt and that i my board will be before that goes into effect. I was a little surprised because i was expecting to be shooting for a November board. I am going in to fill out a bunch of the paperwork on monday and i was going to ask my recruiter when he expects my board to be. Maybe they are doing it monthly for civilians. The Warrant Officer recruiting site seems heavily geared towards current military and less towards civilians. Just my opinion.

I will share more if i find anything else out. I go for my AFAST on tuesday.

I'm don't think that civilians board every month, but my recruiter's station commander seems to be still shooting to get me boarded ASAP. At first I told my recruiter that I was pretty positive there was no way I was going to be boarded until January, but he talked to the station commander and he's trying to get me in for AFAST and the flight physical ASAP. I trust the station commander more than my recruiter. My recruiter has never done a WOFT packet and only has 2 months on the job, but he station commander has 5 years experience and has done WOFT packets before.

I'll let you all know how it pans out.

How are you all still expecting to get in on the next (Sept.) board if your packet has not been submitted yet? The USAREC site says that today is the packet cutoff. If your packet is not sent out by COB today isn't it too late to be considered for the Sept board?

WOFTApp, i think there is a general sense of uncertainty about the timing and everything from going the civilian route. I agree, based on the WO recruiting site today was the cutoff for the september board but i am getting a similar story from my recruiter that 01CelicaGTS is getting. I wonder if the info on the WO recruiting site is for active duty folks that are applying to the WO program and the process is slightly different for civilians. Who knows for sure, but i am hoping to get some more details from my recruiter on monday.

av8rnic,

I saw an email someone posted here sent to the address listed on the SIFT change notice. I took it that there is only one board for both civ and AD applicants. Also, look at the board selection results on the usarec website. Again, it gives the impression of a single combined board.

i got the same response from my recruiter just now too. no issues with getting the packet done and submitted before 1st oct. sift change.

as long as you get local boarded before oct 1 and pass then rucker will accept the afast score. if you get local boarded after oct 1st it has to be a sift score. -per phoenix meps through my recruiter's office 1st sgt.

this is for the civilian to seat route.

Same here. Went in to sign some forms my recruiter had. I didnt ask specifically if there is a difference between street to seat and active military, but we did confirm that the tentative local board we are targeting is the week of 6 August with the USAREC board in September.

Funny enough, my recruiter had another street to seat guy that just recently went through. The recruiter said that he got the green light from the local board but the USAREC board initially denied him because of his GPA. While i was sitting in his office this afternoon the recruiter got a call saying the USAREC board accepted him on the second look.

I will say that for anyone who is still early on in the process, find a good recruiter. I really lucked out with the first one i went to go talk with. I am not the first WOFT packet he has done and he knows what is going on. Reading through a bunch of posts here from people who are getting the cold shoulder from recruiters, go find another one that wants to work with you. its makes a huge difference i think.

I am taking the AFAST tomorrow, back to studying!

I asked the WO recruiting team to clarify the board schedules as pertaining to civilian WOFT applicants. Here is their response:

Lucas,

You are correct as the only boards that are reflected on our website are for active duty personnel; however, WOFT boards usually run concurrent with our boards. You will need to see your local Army recruiter to obtain info on you board's schedule.

Good luck!

I know this leaves some to be desired but at least clarifies what the USAREC website board schedule means.

Also, I have asked my recruiter about a week ago. He could not get a straight answer from the battalion.

Why is there so much ambiguity for civilian applicants? (Apologies for the rhetorical question.)

I just got word from my recruiter on the next WOFT board! I couldn't be more excited. He forwarded the following message to me:

The WOFT board scheduled for 6 Aug 2012 has been cancelled due to lack of Board Ready packets.
The next WOFT board will be on 10 Sep and the packet cutoff will be 4 Sep 2012.
The adjusted September Board dates were addressed in previous e-mails but I just wanted to make sure to mention it again due to the cancelled board in August. As of now this is what we are looking at:

6 Aug 12 WOFT board: CANCELLED

17 Sep 12 WOFT board: CHANGED (New board date of 10 Sep 12)

Packet cutoff will be 4 Sep 12.

This may be specific to his battalion (I don't know). However, I think this helps squash some of the fears United just put in me about selection rates at 1 per state every other month. My chances seem a little better considering they couldn't even hold a board here because they didn't have enough packets.

Still would like to know how the SIFT will be implemented amoungst us civilians...

I just got word from my recruiter on the next WOFT board! I couldn't be more excited. He forwarded the following message to me:

This may be specific to his battalion (I don't know). However, I think this helps squash some of the fears United just put in me about selection rates at 1 per state every other month. My chances seem a little better considering they couldn't even hold a board here because they didn't have enough packets.

Still would like to know how the SIFT will be implemented amoungst us civilians...

Are these Battalion board or USAREC board dates?

Hahah Sir, I apologize! That 1 per state was hearsay from a few years ago so take it with a grain of salt. Thats great news! I'm gonna guess the sept board will have a high selection rate. Do you think January will have a low selection rate since it'll have all the packets from Oct-Jan? Sir, your stats are rock solid so I dont think it matters when you submit it, worrying about timing is for mediocre applicants like myself.

Lindsey,

Going back and re-reading the email I posted from USAREC I am beginning to think USAREC actually has very little to do with us getting selected. He said "WOFT boards usually run concurrent with our boards." Why would he say that? This statement clearly shows a distinct differentiation between AD and Civ boards. It appears the process is completely different.

I know this comes off a little self-centered, but I am glad to know the board date I am going to be on. It’s has been a little un-nerving working to an arbitrary point in time. Now I have a goal, let's do this thing!

Do as he said. Ask your recruiter to get your board dates. If he doesn't, go to the station commander and so on until you get what you need.

United,

You flatter me sir. I pray the board sees me the same way...

I wouldn't say mediocre. Do you have something in your packet you wish wasn't there? Sure, but the same is true for most applicants. We all have an area that could be improved. Most importantly though is you are driven. Push hard, and keep on going. Make sure you packet reflects this and it will help offset a big negative. If you can show you are able to overcome adversity with maturity you would be highly desirable.

• Like 1

I do have to say after reading all this about board dates is the Guard does things totally different. Not only do you get the experience of being enlisted, but for the most part you also get the feeling of what being a NCO is all about. Most of the Guard that gets picked up to go into IERW are NCO's so we get an idea of how to operate in the military already. The process that I am going through right now (I'm at the SAO Interview, with a class date penciled in for Oct/Nov) has some different steps.

-Interview with the company commander that you want to go to

-Board interview with 4 of the company's WO's

-Flight Physical

-Battalion Commander Interview

-State Aviation Officer Interview

-Federal Recognition Inteview

The last 3 interviews are easy compared to the WO interview. They are the gate keepers and if they don't like you, time to look somewhere else. All those interviews are setup when they need to be so you don't have to worry about the dates you are all talking about.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I didn't know if anyone might be interested in this

That's awesome! Hope it works out and you're in on the 22th. Tell the doc at the end of your physical you are trying to meet that date and see if he will expidite your paperwork to Rucker.