#21 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Company working for:Army National Guard

Posted 03 August 2012 - 19:44

Awesome, hopefully we all can make the cut! Getting a little ahead of myself here, however, if selected I am hoping for basic training at Ft Benning (Brothers stationed there).

Do you think during basic theyll let you out to visit him? Or maybe after basic there might be time before your ait report date to visit between classes? I dont know just guessing
  • GlyslemArrire likes this
"If one engine fails, how far can the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!"

#22 heloidaho

heloidaho

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:The beautiful state of Idaho.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:09

Do you think during basic theyll let you out to visit him?

Haha. That made me laugh this morning. No. He won't get special visits just because his brother is there. His brother can visit at the same events as the other Soldier's families. :) But at least his brother won't have to travel at all to make the graduation.

#23 Helipilot PTK

Helipilot PTK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:12

Haha. That made me laugh this morning. No. He won't get special visits just because his brother is there. His brother can visit at the same events as the other Soldier's families. :) But at least his brother won't have to travel at all to make the graduation.

Yea I didn't think he would be able to, just after graduation like you mentioned. If I do get selected, I would obviously be at Ft Rucker for 1-2.5 years which is only around 3 hours from where he lives. So I would be able to go visit him without to much driving, then again theres always Panama city B)

#24 Helipilot PTK

Helipilot PTK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 14:01

Would it be possible to Pin this to the top? I have been adding links to all the other forums talking about the battalion board interview.

#25 01CelicaGTS

01CelicaGTS

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Family, Flying Helicopters, Riding Motorcycles, Barbequing
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 16 August 2012 - 15:06

I have a question for anyone that's been through the process. I know that AD WOFT applicant submit their packets directly to USAREC via email, but how do civilians do it, since we go to the battalion boar first? Do we submit our packet to the local battalion (with the help of the recruiter?)and then they forward it on to the WOFT board if they recommend us?

#26 Helipilot PTK

Helipilot PTK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 15:18

My recruiter scanned in and forwarded all the necessary documents to battalion (I wasn't present when he did this). Then after passing my battalion interview, battalion scanned in the recommendation letters from the officers. All my packet documents have been scanned in and are waiting to be sent to USAREC (this is done by battalion from what I understand), pending my flight physical approval.

#27 01CelicaGTS

01CelicaGTS

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 16:56

My recruiter scanned in and forwarded all the necessary documents to battalion (I wasn't present when he did this). Then after passing my battalion interview, battalion scanned in the recommendation letters from the officers. All my packet documents have been scanned in and are waiting to be sent to USAREC (this is done by battalion from what I understand), pending my flight physical approval.

So, did you go to battalion before your flight physical was approved? That's really the only thing that is beyond my control that is holding me up.

#28 Helipilot PTK

Helipilot PTK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 17:07

So, did you go to battalion before your flight physical was approved? That's really the only thing that is beyond my control that is holding me up.

Yes, your actually suppose to go in front of the battalion board before your flight physical. That way, if battalion doesn't recommend you, they don't have to waste the Army's money on the flight physical. Push your recruiter to schedule the battalion board. The flight physical is not required to be approved by Ft Rucker when you go in front of the battalion board!

#29 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 17:12

Yes, your actually suppose to go in front of the battalion board before your flight physical. That way, if battalion doesn't recommend you, they don't have to waste the Army's money on the flight physical. Push your recruiter to schedule the battalion board. The flight physical is not required to be approved by Ft Rucker when you go in front of the battalion board!

that's new news that i've never heard before... no rucker stamp required for civilian street to seat...

#30 Helipilot PTK

Helipilot PTK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 17:21

that's new news that i've never heard before... no rucker stamp required for civilian street to seat...

No Rucker stamp required to go in front of the battalion board, you still need your flight physical approved to send your packet to the USAREC board.

#31 udairman71

udairman71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 19:51

From USAREC 601-91 5-2 (e.) "Class 1 Flight Physical completed. The Rctg Bn will schedule the applicant for a Class 1 Flight Physical after favorable recommendation from the Rctg Bn examining board for the WOFT Program."

#32 01CelicaGTS

01CelicaGTS

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 22:47

From USAREC 601-91 5-2 (e.) "Class 1 Flight Physical completed. The Rctg Bn will schedule the applicant for a Class 1 Flight Physical after favorable recommendation from the Rctg Bn examining board for the WOFT Program."

I actually do remember reading that. I think they probably just have you do the flight physical first because (at least in my area), the local battalion boards are so close to the USAREC board. That way, if you have to wait for Rucker to approve the flight physical, you don't miss the USAREC board. Also, you won't waste the board's time if you are not medically qualified.

#33 yakfishr19

yakfishr19

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:WOFT

Posted 18 August 2012 - 14:06

My recruiter didn't ever tell me if my battalion interview was fully accepted and qualified. All the officers told me after the interview that they would push for me and said I had a solid packet. I asked my recruiter what I scored in the interview and he said he didn't know and that I did fine. Does this mean that I am good to go and they considered me? My recruiter said we are now just waiting for HQ USAREC selection board but I just wanted to make sure that those officers put in good recommendations and if I scored well for my interview.

#34 Helipilot PTK

Helipilot PTK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 14:16

They scan them in at battalion. Your recruiter should be able to look at all the documents that are scanned in. I was told my score after the interview, but did not see the sheets. A few days later, my recruiter pulled them up on the computer and I got to read the recommendations they wrote me.

#35 yakfishr19

yakfishr19

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:WOFT

Posted 18 August 2012 - 15:16

dang i wish my recruiter would do that for me

#36 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 16:14

dang i wish my recruiter would do that for me

URGH!!! recruiters make me sick... well some do anyways...

#37 Helipilot PTK

Helipilot PTK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:07

URGH!!! recruiters make me sick... well some do anyways...

I know what you mean. It has been a fight getting this flight physical completed and to Ft Rucker, I may not make the September board, I will try though. It's worth all the effort.
  • Lindsey likes this

#38 revaequitas

revaequitas

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Tilt-Rotor, V-22, Helicopters and Saltwater Fish tanks
  • Company working for:Dyncorp

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:47

You guys have way better recruiters than I've met. They just tell me do this checklist (which has AFAST and Flight Physical etc) and get back to them. Plus I probably don't have a good chance because I don't have college experience. I'm thinking, I guess 5yrs of V-22 Maint and getting out the Marine Corps as a Sgt. doesn't help. They can go crap in their collective hats. Anyway, lol, great job to you guys and your boards!

#39 av8rnik

av8rnik

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:58

Question for the group who has been through their battalion board already. Did the panle give you a chance to ask any questions? I feel pretty well informed about the WOFT program and what goes on through the end of flight school so i am not sure what else to ask about.

Did you just ask a question that you already knew about to get their perspective or something more general?

#40 Helipilot PTK

Helipilot PTK

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 19:07

I would not ask specifics on the actual process of putting your packet in. Rather, ask general questions about their experiences with the Army etc. For example, I asked why (the president of the board) joined the Army as a helicopter pilot.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Helmet FX Home 200PrecisionVRForumHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016Able_VRHOme200DevoreHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeNFCVRForum200Home