I was referred to this forum by Lindsey :D ..

here is some of my background..

Hometown – Sunrise, FL

Military Experience - None

Age - 28

School – Broward College

Major – Information Technology

Progress Towards Graduation – Graduated Aug of 2012

GPA – 3.8

Sports – Soccer

Activities – Running, Bicycling, Swiming

APFT: 265 and improving

ASVAB: 94%

GT: 128

AFAST: 146

Current Progress Towards Application –

I am a WOFT applicant. I have been trying to get in the Army for the past 11 months, somehow my application process has been taking this long, and I honestly do not see why. I keep being passed onto a different recruiter, and every time he/she gets my packet, tells me that everything is all screwed up and they have to "fix" a lot of things..

As of last week, I ended up with a new (the fourth one now) recruiter because the guy who has been helping me is on leave and she has still not being able to send my packet..

I just spoke with her and she is telling me that I missed the due date and that the next board is on Nov 5th, with packet cutoff Oct 26th... and also that I might have to take the SIFT..

Are there any recruiters here or anybody has access to this info; who would be kind enough to verify the WOFT packet cutoff and board dates?

Honestly, I am getting the run-around at the recruiting station and I feel that there is no progress with my application, nor that I am being taken seriously. I have been very collaborative and patient, but I cannot avoid feeling frustrated about this. Thanks in advance.

for the record, I have completed ALL the packet requirements and the only thing missing is the board interview. why can't my packet be submitted?

Have you completed your battalion board interview? I was hearing that there was going to be a November USAREC WOFT board, so that sounds right but you need to get the battalion board done before that. For the USAREC board that is today, packet submission cutoff was 7 days before (last tuesday since monday was a holiday).

I can't speak with any authority on the SIFT but according to the WO Recruiting website (http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/index.shtml)

11 July 2012 - The Aviation Branch has developed a replacement for the Alternate Flight Aptitude Selection Test (AFAST). The new test is the Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT), and will be implemented on 1 October 2012. In order to facilitate this transition to the SIFT, 153A will not select on the Nov selection board, the first Accessions Board that will select 153A packets will be January 2013. This will give individuals enough time to report to a testing facility and take the SIFT for inclusion in their packet.

Any Warrant Officer packets for MOS 153A, Rotary Wing Aviator, MUST have a qualifying SIFT score in their packet after 1 October 2012. If a Warrant Officer packet is determined by USAREC to be "Board Ready" prior to 1 October 2012, an AFAST score will still be accepted. Any packet that is submitted after 1 October 2012 with an AFAST score will be returned to the individual, with the instructions to take the SIFT and re-submit their packet with a SIFT score.

Any questions regarding this transition from AFAST to SIFT can be directed to the Aviation Branch Proponent office, at (334)255-1420, or brad.r.cook.mil@mail.mil.

You might be able to forward that to your recruiter. You can also look at http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml for details on the WOFT (civilian) packet components.

Good luck!

Hi av8rnik, thank you for your reply.

I had already read about the SIFT being implemented for packets that become board ready after Oct 1st.

Apparently the only thing standing before submitting my packet is my board interview. My new recruiter is saying that she is having problems getting an appointment for me to get boarded. Is there anything I can do, or perhaps anybody I can contact; in order to obtain an appointment for my batallion board?

I am trying to do everything possible to not have to tak the SIFT, I did great on the AFAST (146) and I would like that score to be considered...

Hellfire, the way it worked with my recruiter was that he coordinated the battalion interview with the liason in the battalion office. The liason at the battalion office was the key person who knew all the details on dates and everything else.

Hopefully some others might chime in, but you might need to start working your way up the chain of command at the recruiting office and maybe even try to get in touch with someone at the battalion HQ directly. It seems like a touchy subject/action but ultimately it is your (potential) career that is at stake so do what you need to do to get things moving again. Just be courteous and professional about it.

hey WOFTApp, did you get boarded yet?

...you might need to start working your way up the chain of command at the recruiting office and maybe even try to get in touch with someone at the battalion HQ directly. It seems like a touchy subject/action but ultimately it is your (potential) career that is at stake so do what you need to do to get things moving again. Just be courteous and professional about it.

yeah I will try that, WOFTApp also sugested it. Makes sense, hopefully they won't take it as offensive..

I have submitted my packet but missed the cutoff date for the september board. My recruiter told me that there was going to be an october selection board. But reading this forum I've heard that there won't be a board till november. Which one is it?

As far as I'm tracking the next board is Nov 5. Here is the link to the USAREC website that has the board schedules.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOgeninfo_boardschedule.shtml

Hurt13, patience is a virtue. At least that is what I have found with this whole process. And from what others have said from the inside,cut will be even more of a virtue once you get selected and in the Army. Case in point, I was supposed to sign my paperwork, get my ship date and swear in Friday. Turns out the MEPS doc's had made a small error on my physical that was never caught in the whole process. After spending pretty much all day at MEPS, I have to come back Monday to clear it up and hopefully get everything done. Good times...

Hurt13, patience is a virtue. At least that is what I have found with this whole process. And from what others have said from the inside,cut will be even more of a virtue once you get selected and in the Army. Case in point, I was supposed to sign my paperwork, get my ship date and swear in Friday. Turns out the MEPS doc's had made a small error on my physical that was never caught in the whole process. After spending pretty much all day at MEPS, I have to come back Monday to clear it up and hopefully get everything done. Good times...

Yeah MEPS is an absolute nightmare (no pun intended lol). I remember when I first enlisted I had to go to MEPS 4 times before they got everything straight. Oh well at least we ate good free food at night.

I have submitted my packet but missed the cutoff date for the september board. My recruiter told me that there was going to be an october selection board. But reading this forum I've heard that there won't be a board till november. Which one is it?

There won't be another 153A board until Jan. If you go to the link provided by Nightmare, you will see there is no X under the Nov board for 153A. So you have a packet deadline of Nov 16 for the Jan board.

To muddy the water a bit, I am unsure if the SIFT deadline applies to civies as well. I am pushing to have a board ready packet prior to Oct 1 on the chance it does.

Yeah I'm unsure as well. Still don't know anyone who has taken it. Hopefully we get an update about it really soon. I would love to keep my AFAST score. Maybe they will include both in the packet? I would be more than happy with that.

• Like 1