• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Cheeto9

Cheeto9

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Skiing, Boating, anything that goes fast..
  • Company working for:Seaching...

Posted 30 October 2013 - 22:16

I would like to know the same.

#22 C of G

C of G

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 18:12

I don't think the ATP would make a difference on the tour side. I believe the minimums for hiring are 1000 hours and an instrument ticket. I would think 1500 might be more realistic for getting the position.

And for those that asked, the AK to GOM transfer isn't as smooth as it used to be but is certainly not out of the question. Generally the other direction is not an option.  

I wanna say interviews are around March/April. 

May the wind behind you always be your own.

#23 v15x

v15x

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 21:37

A few guys went to the GOM and a few stayed in AK after the 2013 season, all of the guys that wanted to work 14/14 upgraded to bigger aircraft (119, 212, 145). Almost 1/2 of the era tour pilots remain on a seasonal schedule and only work the summer.
For the 2013 season era was "asking" for 1700-2000, with an instrument ticket. I want to say the interviews start in February/march and includes a written test, as350 ftd session, and a face to face.
  • Renaud and CavGruntXIX like this

#24 Little Bird

Little Bird

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 17:50

I see the ads have started on Jsfirm for summer 2015. Looks like they're asking for a 1st Class medical and IR this season, has this changed from previous seasons?

#25 Cavuskies

Cavuskies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:44

I have an interview coming up for the Era Alaska position for a seasonal tour pilot...Yay! I have a few questions for anyone who has worked for them as a seasonal tour pilot. If there is anyone on this forum who has some time to answer my questions over PM, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

#26 v15x

v15x

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 23:55

The posting looks like similar to the years prior, excepting for the 100hrs as350.  I'd expect that astar time to be "preferred", but who knows this year.

Google "era helicopter interview" and click on the glass door link.  Some guy wrote a pretty accurate summary of the interview process.

Juneau:  you'll live in an apartment with one other pilot in a sweet downtown location. Carpool in the company van or buy a rig.  Plan on 250-300 flight hrs.

Denali:  dorm style communal living with another pilot and a few ground crew. Live on the base. 350-400hrs

Housing is provided, per diem is 25/day.  Not sure the daily rate these days, but it's probably competitive with tours in general.

Either location you'll be in AK all summer, so don't plan on a vacation.

I'd "PM" you, but I'm not on this often and I don't know how.  Sorry.  Best of luck!

#27 wbrady755

wbrady755

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 17:31

That glassdoor interview is so good, its almost cheating... 

Can anyone comment to the pay at ERA? Even TEMSCO if you know that.

The living conditions and work rules are to be expected, but I really hope its a step up from CFI pay.

#28 v15x

v15x

Student Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 18:44

Expect something like 175/day + 25/day per diem. 1 day off a week.
More money than a CFI job.
  • wbrady755 likes this

#29 JMouse

JMouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 17:41

2016 Tour season postings are up. Anyone have anything to add from last season's experiences with Era or Temsco? 

#30 kona4breakfast

kona4breakfast

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:20

I just turned down the interview with them; hoping I don't regret it.  ATP* would make a difference for Era, since the GOM is their wheelhouse.  Jobs are super tight with them right now, though, so expect to be unemployed over the winter.  One of their full-time IFR guys is doing tours this year because there's no work in the company and it's been a bloodbath in AK.  I have a pretty strong feeling it won't be Era doing it next year.  Hopefully somebody keeps flying in the park.  I've wanted to do that gig for 10 years.

* Generally speaking, if the company you work for wants you to have an ATP, make them pay for it.

I told my mom I wanted to be a pilot when I grew up.  She told me I couldn't do both.

#31 helonorth

helonorth

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 18:57

* Generally speaking, if the company you work for wants you to have an ATP, make them pay for it.

Thinking that way will keep you in the unemployment line.

• WolftalonID likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ERA, Alaska

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VR Forum 200Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200BE_VRHome200NFCVRForum200HomeAMTC 2018PrecisionVRForumHome200