November Selection Board

Alright, you know the drill. Who is going to be on the November WOFT board? Post your stats if you feel you must. Figured with 45 days left until results are released its time we got this one started.

Age - 30 (at time of board)

AFAST / ASVAB GT - 141/138

College - B.S 3.3 GPA / MBA 3.9 GPA

APFT - 290

PPL - None

LORs - LtCol, Maj, CW4, Hospital CEO, 2 managers from work

Battalion Board - 75, strong recommendation

Waivers - None

• Like 1

Im so glad that they have 2 separate pools for enlisted and civilians. You civilians are getting AFAST and GT scores that I literally didn't even think were possible lol.

I'm pretty sure us enlisted guys would be screwed if we had to compete with you guys. If we were all grouped together they probably would have thrown my packet out the window lol.

WOFTApp, Great looking information. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be selected.

So, are we sure that there even is a board in Nov? My recruiter gave me the dates for the upcoming boards and it was list from the USAREC website with no Nov board.

Anyways, if I can get my LORs and Bn board out of the way in time I will hopefully be on that one. If not Jan it is.

My stats so far are:

Age - 29

ASVAB/GT - 97/135

AFAST - 145

College - 50+ credits at 3.5GPA

APFT - Haven't done one for score but I think I should be in the 260-270 range

PPL - had about 20 hrs 10+ years ago but not including that

LORs - As of now I have a Marine E-7, Marine CWO4, Marine Col (O-6), and just got in contact with a retired Army Maj (O-4) Kiowa Pilot who also got me in contact with a current Army Lt Col (O-5) Kiowa Pilot.

Bn Board - Hopefully soon

Waivers - PRK so still waiting to hear back from Rucker about my flight physical

Prior Service - I'm currently in the Marines at the end of 8 years. I'll be out in Dec so I've got a conditional release just in case I get selected in Nov.

I served 6 years in the AF. I was a 2W1X1, Aircraft Armament Systems Technician. I worked on F-15s and F-22s at Edwards AFB for my entire enlistment. Edwards is a flight test facility, so I got to do some pretty cool stuff. For example, I was part of the team that qualified the use of JDAMs on F-15s. Since then, JDAMs have been used extensively in the war for being cheap (comparatively) and accurate. It is basically putting a GPS guided tail kit on any dumb bomb of your choosing; 500, 1000, 2000 pounders or even bunker busters. Then being on F-22 during the development phase was just awesome in its own respect.

Oh, you should have seen the 10,000 lb satellite launch vehicle they tried to put on the belly of an F-15. That thing never got off the ground. Once the pilots came out and saw it there was no way any of them were going to get in the cockpit.

I appreciate the kind words. I have always felt confident about my packet, I have just been pushing to put the best one forward as possible. Although, I am still a little pissed at myself for not maxing the situps... Anyway, by the next time I take the APFT I will crush it. I wish I had some flight time on my packet. Oh well, cannot have it all.

J.Matt, I was told the USAREC site only has the enlisted board dates. The civilians have a different schedule. Our next board is Nov 5. At least thats what I am being told.

I guess we'll all find out for sure in Nov. And it really doesn't matter for me, I'm wrapping up the last little pieces of my package and once it's ready it's getting sent up. If there's a board it'll go. If not it'll wait. I've been prepared for a Jan board so if it goes in Nov that'd be awesome.

There is for sure a November board. That is confirmed through my Battalion.

Here are my stats, felling quite worried going up against people like WOFTapp!

Age - 20

AFAST/ASVAB - 100/115

APFT - 270, I will be retaking this, hoping for 280+

No Waivers

PPL(H) - Rated in R-22 & R-44 helicopter, 75 hours TT, 100% on written exam

College - 6 credits, 4.0, Dean's list, Currently enrolled in college working towards an Associate degree in Criminal Justice/Homeland Security.

LOR - CW5, CW4 retired, Principal, Flight instructor retired Army, youth pastor, Friend/Navy MP, May be swapping this LOR out for a LOR from a 160th special operations pilot.

Battalion Board Interview - 75/75, strong recommendation

Well, I guess that's good news about the Nov board. Hopefully my flight physical will be approved in time.

And yes, with the results of the last board and everybody accepted having bachelors or masters degrees, WOFTapp does make it a bit intimidating.

UPDATE 10/24/12

Well I'm hoping for 5 Nov. My recruiter is submitting my packet to battalion on Monday for a 10 Oct battalion board. Still worried about the SIFT though. We'll see once 1 Oct rolls around.

ASVAB/GT: 98/137

AFAST: 145

APFT: 230 249 281

Waivers: none, flight physical approved.

Flight: COM RTC Helicopter Rating, 200 hours TT (r22), 130 PIC

College: 65 credits toward Software Engineering degree. 4.0 GPA, President's List

LORs: flight instructor (former AF), Army Cpt. O3, Marine SSG E6, 2 former bosses, waiting on one from a retired Army General.

Btn Board: Favorable Recommendation

Edited by 01CelicaGTS

Just out of curiosity, for those of you so sure there is a Nov board for civilians, what is the packet deadline for the Nov board. If it is like the enlisted boards, the packet deadline is two months prior. So for me, I am going to the battallion board October 20th, so that I can put in my packet by beginning of Nov for the Jan board. Is anybody on a shorter timeline than this?

So, are we sure that there even is a board in Nov? My recruiter gave me the dates for the upcoming boards and it was list from the USAREC website with no Nov board.

Anyways, if I can get my LORs and Bn board out of the way in time I will hopefully be on that one. If not Jan it is.

My stats so far are:

Age - 29

ASVAB/GT - 97/135

AFAST - 145

College - 50+ credits at 3.5GPA

APFT - Haven't done one for score but I think I should be in the 260-270 range

PPL - had about 20 hrs 10+ years ago but not including that

LORs - As of now I have a Marine E-7, Marine CWO4, Marine Col (O-6), and just got in contact with a retired Army Maj (O-4) Kiowa Pilot who also got me in contact with a current Army Lt Col (O-5) Kiowa Pilot.

Bn Board - Hopefully soon

Waivers - PRK so still waiting to hear back from Rucker about my flight physical

Prior Service - I'm currently in the Marines at the end of 8 years. I'll be out in Dec so I've got a conditional release just in case I get selected in Nov.

If understand correctly, you must take the SIFT test unless your get your B. Board this week and get your packed submitted by mon. Oct 1

do you have a board date yet?

There is no lack of talent here! Hopefully VR will have another strong showing on the next board. To me being active here shows you are a cut above the rest. You are willing to seek advice and put the extra effort into your package. Here's to Nov being a good month to having a packet in.

• Like 2

If understand correctly, you must take the SIFT test unless your get your B. Board this week and get your packed submitted by mon. Oct 1

do you have a board date yet?

Not sure on that yet. I'm supposed to be on a Bn board beginning of Oct but I still have no info on the SIFT and as far as what I've read on other posts on VR that for the Nov board for Civilians is the last board for AFAST and Jan board will be first board that SIFT is required for everybody from that point forward.

Not sure on that yet. I'm supposed to be on a Bn board beginning of Oct but I still have no info on the SIFT and as far as what I've read on other posts on VR that for the Nov board for Civilians is the last board for AFAST and Jan board will be first board that SIFT is required for everybody from that point forward.

that makes me soooo mad because at the beginning of aug, i was going to take the afast and both my recruiter and CWO cook(from userec website/sift message) said that their will be NO wiggle room on that OCT 1 date......even for civilians. For your sake, i hope your right and dont have to take the SIFT. I wish i had gone ahead and taken the AFAST in Aug like i wanted to . Oh well, to late.....gotta take the sift, and from my understanding they WILL NOT release any info regarding it. So the only info we may get on SIFT is from others who have taken it

Well, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to be on the Nov board anyway. If I have to take the SIFT no biggie...I'll deal with it and do the best I can. Looking at timelines and Bn boards and my PRK waiver and such I'm just not sure if Nov is going to be possible. And there not being any info on the SIFT could be a good thing in the fact that there isn't decades of expectations to live up to. We'd be the first ones taking it with no way to prep for it.

• Like 1