November Selection Board

Yeah, that's what I figured. I was wondering how they would know to contact me if something came up. They would just have to be constantly watching it. I guess it will work out for the best though. My wife is due with our second child at the end of March. I was hoping to be in before that to have the birth covered by Tricare, even though I would probably miss it. This way, I'll actually get to be there for the birth, and spend a couple of months with my baby boy before I have to leave for almost 4 months.

• Like 3

it was the same thing back in september. I went in (initially) a couple days after a couple of the guys and they shipped this month and everyone else was january. It is tied to the initial WOCS course start date i think. If you lookup the class schedules, phase 1 is only a few times per year and is what you have to do if you have not completed a NCO course. When i looked up class dates a couple weeks ago i noticed that after the April WOCS date that I have, the next one wasn't till August I think. That lines up with a May ship date to BCT.

it was the same thing back in september. I went in (initially) a couple days after a couple of the guys and they shipped this month and everyone else was january. It is tied to the initial WOCS course start date i think. If you lookup the class schedules, phase 1 is only a few times per year and is what you have to do if you have not completed a NCO course. When i looked up class dates a couple weeks ago i noticed that after the April WOCS date that I have, the next one wasn't till August I think. That lines up with a May ship date to BCT.

Just looked it up and confirmed. The next two WOCS dates (after Feb) are April and August. Guess that means those selected in January won't ship out any earlier than May. :(

EDIT: Unless they add a WOCS class between April and August. All the other WOCS Phase 1 start dates are within 1-2.5 months of each other, yet April and August are a whopping 4 months apart.

June 4th is an odd ship date. The next WOCS (after June 4) starts on Aug 18. BCT is 9 weeks 4 days, back that out from Aug 18 and you get June 4. By ship date, sounds like BCT is in your future brother. Logically any way.

June 4th is an odd ship date. The next WOCS (after June 4) starts on Aug 18. BCT is 9 weeks 4 days, back that out from Aug 18 and you get June 4. By ship date, sounds like BCT is in your future brother. Logically any way.

They got a hold of me to tell me to arrange for a 1 April ETS for the 4 April WOCS.

According to the MEPS HQ I don't have to go because there is no lapse in service but he admitted this doesn't happen often. My liaison is working off the assumption that I go straight to WOCS.

• Like 1

I know this isn't the correct forum but there seem to be a lot of posts by some knowledgable people.

I am just getting started on putting my WOFT packet together. I have an appointment scheduled for Lasik at the beginning of January. I can always change that to PRK if necessary. Does the Army prefer Lasik or PRK? If anyone has had either, are you happy with it?

Also, by reading the waivers, I'll have to wait 180 days before I can submit my packet. I have seen on this forum, people talking about getting a waiver for 90 days? Can anyone confirm?

All info is greating appreciated.

Alright, since I'm shipping out in May, my wife and I want to move back to our hometown before I go. Probably in the next couple of months. Most of our family lives there, and we would like to be able to spend more time with them in the coming months before we start moving all around the world for the next 20 years :D. Also, my wife is due in March and we would like to be able to let our parents and siblings spend some time with our new baby boy before we move to Alabama.

Does anyone know if this will affect anything with my security clearance? Also, when I ship out I'm supposed to go to the local MEPS here. Will they let me go to another MEPS? Obviously, I need to talk to my recruiter about it, but I thought someone here would have some insight.

Thanks!