Odd Sighting Near Dallas

Being the season of football in Texas, I have spent many a afternoon on the sweltering practice field of my school, and recently I had an odd aviation sighting. While we were out one afternoon I noted a helicopter flying over, not anything out of the ordinary except for the fact that the craft was travelling West to East (most air traffic is East to West bound to Love Field). I looked up and took note of what I figured was a Eurocopter EC130, nothing to special within itself, however about thirty minutes later the same helo passed over in the opposite direction, travelling much slower and lower than before. On the second pass I still made out the size and shape of a EC130, but there was NO landing skids! I'm not sure if there might be something I could be confusing this sighting for, but it was defiantly too small to be any of the Eurocopter models with retractable gear, but I know there were panels that corresponded with tricycle style landing gear. Just thought I would share this sighting given its odd nature and our proximity to EC-America's Grand Prairie Plant.

I attached a map of our distance to the Grand Prairie Plant ( point A ) and our football field ( point B ) it is about 25 miles as the crow flies.

339lhli.jpg

Edited by Auto-Rotation-Nation
  • Like 1

That would make sense, although I would have expected some style of the orange testing probes like you would see on an experimental craft, I did not see a tail number on the helo, however I have been able to distinguish them an many others at a similar altitude.

• Like 1