Frasca VRForum468VOLO_VRHome200Helicopter AcademyTigerTugs
Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

What Are My Chances? Check Out the Stats of Selected Members HERE.

WOFT stats chances selection

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#281 bw0621

bw0621

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 14:44

Selected on the March 2019 board (first look)

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 99/140

SIFT: 78

APFT: 260

EDUCATION: BBA in Finance, 2.5 GPA

MILITARY: 8 years, USMCR Sgt.

FLIGHT: None

LORS: US Army O5, USN O4, former civilian boss.

#282 z0na

z0na

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 14:43

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 93/128
SIFT: 59
APFT: 270
EDUCATION: 31 Semester Hours 3.75 GPA (Accounting)
MILITARY: SPC (P) 28 months TIS
Airborne
SERE-C
LORS: O-3, O-3, O-5, CW5
OTHER INFO: No waivers
SELECTED: May 2019 board (First Look)

#283 jkray

jkray

PVT Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 17:18

ASVAB: 97
SIFT: 58
APFT: 263
EDUCATION: B.S. 3.2 GPA
MILITARY: USMC Captain 5 years service
LORS: CW4 Aviator(60), O3 Aviator(64), O3 USMC, O5 USMC Squadron Commander
OTHER INFO: No waivers
SELECTED: March 2019 board (First Look)

#284 lazyboozin

lazyboozin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 22:36

AGE  : 23
GT: 116
SIFT: 59
APFT: 290
EDUCATION: CCAF (Associate's); 70~ credits towards BS in Aeronautics
LORS: O-3 (OIC); O-5 (CC); CW5 (160th 60 pilot); CW4 (64 pilot); CW4 (64 pilot)
OTHER INFO: E-5 Active Duty Air Force; 4 yrs TIS; one NCOER (AF is a little different); No waivers but had PRK a year prior
SELECTED: First look May 2019

For other sister service applicants, I went to my First Sergeant and Commander at the beginning of the process (circumventing chain of command) it made the entire process easier when it came to routing paperwork and getting documents signed in a timely manner and left my supervision out of it. I know this is a no-go for some but it worked for me. Also, try to do all the ground work yourself, they'll be grateful to sign an LOR when it's handed to them on a silver platter.

#285 Richie88

Richie88

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:13

GT: 119

SIFT: 47

APFT: 300

Military: Current SOF Operator for 6 years (9 years TIS)

LORs: Battalion Commander, Company Commander (O4), and Current CW3 Apache Pilot

Physical: Fully Stamped/no issues

Flight Time: None (unless you count falling out of black-hawks with a parachute on)

Med/Moral Waivers: None

Selected: First Look MAY 2019

The 3 biggest pieces of advice I can give are:

1. Ensure that all your accomplishments and leadership abilities are quantified and highlighted throughout your essay and packet. Warrant Officers are leaders, and as such you need to prove to the board you are capable of leading in the position you are applying for. Remember it is all about potential.

2. Ensure your packet is 99% done prior to approaching any Aviator or Senior leader about a letter of recommendation. They want to see you are committed to pursuing this career and not just "hey I think I want to fly, can you write me a letter?".

3. Don't think that you are a "shoo in". Don't think that having a letter from a CW5, a COL, a GEN or having your private pilots license, or you are a currently serving crew chief, will make you automatically selected. This forum has proven time and time again that those things are minuscule in the grand scope of who you are as a civilian or soldier. Prove to the board that you are what we call in the SOF community the "full spectrum soldier". You need to be good all around, not just in one area. Stay humble and always look to improve.

Good luck to you all and may you get selected first look.

-Richie   

• SwissK31 and Abazi21 like this

#286 N67RA

N67RA

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:09

The 3 biggest pieces of advice I can give are:

2. Ensure your packet is 99% done prior to approaching any Aviator.

-Richie   

I think bullet one was valid, but 2 and 3 not so much. If anyone is told by a warrant to have the packet 99% complete then find another one. I help applicants all the time. Im only a CW2 but I know who to talk to. Keep looking! Have one ready to be signed!

Also, number 3. Just get the packet done. The Army is desperate for pilots. You will get selected. Most of us are all getting out to take advantage of the civilian market. Everyone everywhere needs pilots.
  • Richie88 likes this

#287 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 13:36

I think bullet one was valid, but 2 and 3 not so much. If anyone is told by a warrant to have the packet 99% complete then find another one. I help applicants all the time. Im only a CW2 but I know who to talk to. Keep looking! Have one ready to be signed!

Also, number 3. Just get the packet done. The Army is desperate for pilots. You will get selected. Most of us are all getting out to take advantage of the civilian market. Everyone everywhere needs pilots.

I think he's spot on. I will talk to guys and explain what it's actually like to be a warrant officer all day long but if you want a recommendation your packet better be almost complete and with recommendations already written by company and battalion commanders.
  • Richie88 likes this

#288 z0na

z0na

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 20:34

Bumping this thread for July and September applicants to see.
  • Richie88 likes this

#289 JeffB

JeffB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:30

GT: 121

APFT: 271

SIFT: NEED TO TAKE

Flight: NONE

Military: Prior 0331/0352 USMC (Pvt-Sgt) / USMCR (Sgt-SSgt), Presently 11B (Sgt) in the Kansas NG. Note going from E6 in the Corps to E5 in the NG, this was NOT a disciplinary action rather the Guard unit i'm with didn't have any open E6 slots for the deployment we just came off of.

TIS: 15 Years (Is this a concern?)

LORs: Multiple O6 USMC Aviators, O5 MARSOC IMA DET commander, CWO3 Aviator and possibly a CWO5 (pending)

Med/Moral Waivers: NONE

Waivers in general: AGE (my biggest concern here, and reason for posting in this thread)

My chief concerns are (A) SIFT score. I've been studying day and night and feel confident about attaining a good score. (B) Age waiver. I've been assured by multiple aviators both currently in Flight Training and those who are already flying in Big Army that my age isn't a concern however, for some reason I just can't shake the feeling that my age might be a big concern. ©  My eyesight. It's correctable to 20/20 w/ glasses. I don't see where this is a disqualifying factor however again I can't shake the feeling this might be "not good". (D) TIS. No where do I see a "TIS maximum" nor have I found where people reference "having been in too long". Is this something to consider?

#290 z0na

z0na

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:09

GT: 121

APFT: 271

SIFT: NEED TO TAKE

Flight: NONE

Military: Prior 0331/0352 USMC (Pvt-Sgt) / USMCR (Sgt-SSgt), Presently 11B (Sgt) in the Kansas NG. Note going from E6 in the Corps to E5 in the NG, this was NOT a disciplinary action rather the Guard unit i'm with didn't have any open E6 slots for the deployment we just came off of.

TIS: 15 Years (Is this a concern?)

LORs: Multiple O6 USMC Aviators, O5 MARSOC IMA DET commander, CWO3 Aviator and possibly a CWO5 (pending)

Med/Moral Waivers: NONE

Waivers in general: AGE (my biggest concern here, and reason for posting in this thread)

My chief concerns are (A) SIFT score. I've been studying day and night and feel confident about attaining a good score. (B) Age waiver. I've been assured by multiple aviators both currently in Flight Training and those who are already flying in Big Army that my age isn't a concern however, for some reason I just can't shake the feeling that my age might be a big concern. ©  My eyesight. It's correctable to 20/20 w/ glasses. I don't see where this is a disqualifying factor however again I can't shake the feeling this might be "not good". (D) TIS. No where do I see a "TIS maximum" nor have I found where people reference "having been in too long". Is this something to consider?

This thread is specifically for members of this forum who have been selected. To post their stats for future members to reference accordingly. Your post is in the wrong thread. Also, youll need a waiver for TIS since the maximum is now 8 years AFS. Please note the thread title, Check Out the Stats of Selected Members HERE.
  • Anatalias and rob.pet21 like this

#291 Ragnar

Ragnar

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:02

*SELECTED*

AD Army

ASVAB/GT: 94/132

SIFT: 46

APFT: 293

Flight Physical: Stamped/ hearing waiver

Education: 37 credits towards BS

Mil: E-7- 12 years TIS, All top block ncoers- airborne/air assault/pathfinder/jumpmaster/RSLC/Ranger

Top awards: bronze star- meritorious service medal- 5 arcoms

LORs: 0-3, 0-5, CW3, CW4

Waivers: age and afs approved

Good luck to everyone!!
  • parking and Seminole like this

#292 msf0492

msf0492

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 17:38

Selected 1st Look (July 2019)

AD Army
MOS: 15Q Air Traffic Controller
TIS: 6 years
SIFT: 48
APFT: 289
College: Associates; 134 credits, 3.48 GPA
LOR: O-3, O-5, CW5
Stamped physical w/ ETP
  • msf0492 likes this

#293 DSHEED

DSHEED

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 18:50

Selected 1st Look (July 2019)

AD Army
MOS: 94S
TIS: 8 years
SIFT: 56
APFT: 280
College: Associates Dean's list 3.4 GPA
LOR: O-4, O-5, CW5
Stamped physical

#294 BigMac4

BigMac4

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 14:46

Selected July board (1st look)

APFT: 286
SIFT: 57
ASVAB: 98
GT: 138
Education: B.S. (3.4gpa)
3 LOR: O-3 Trp CO, O-5 SCO, CW4
4 yrs AFS
No Waivers
  • DSHEED likes this

#295 RoxoR

RoxoR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 15:50

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 79/114

SIFT: 56 
APFT: 278
EDUCATION: 13 COLLEGE CREDITS
FLIGHT: n/a
BOARD: n/a
LORS: CW3(Pilot), 2x CPT (Past active duty CO and current guard CO), LTC (current BN Co)
OTHER INFO: Had PRK 8 months prior to board or 3 months prior to flight physical. E5 Supply; was active for 5 years now currently a supply guy for Aviation BN, Natl Guard. 
SELECTED: JUNE 2019

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOFT, stats, chances, selection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

Spectrum_VRHome200Guidance Home 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeFreeFlight_Home200MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200BLR 200LakeSuperior200