#1 Flying Pig

Flying Pig

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 13:38

http://www.kmph.com/...d-by-pellet-gun

Tragic EMS story for those interested in the industry. A small taste of what you could end up on in the public safety/EMS sides of flying. Kudos to the Skylife pilot as well. It is a pretty heavily wooded area.

#2 Wally

Wally

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Interests:Reading's high on the list.
  • Company working for:none

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:21

If one is considering EMS, I suggest avoiding all knowledge of the patient. The job is from here to there as fast and safe as possible, same/same any helo job. "All bleeding stops, and all patients die eventually, and if YOU drop the baby, pick it up".

Unloaded guns are accidents waiting to happen. Never point a weapon at anything you don't want to shoot.
  • Velocity173 likes this

Just a pilot (retired, so I have a LOT of time)...

#3 mohini

mohini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:59

I always appreciate EMS, they help people in emergency and provide medical help at point when it is necessary many of my friends have narrated stories of such incident and some Health service providers name such as Ziqitza (http://zhl.org.in/).

#4 Flying Pig

Flying Pig

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 14:33

Wow this is a walk down memory lane.  I was on the call that I posted about flying an LE helicopter.  I dropped off my TFO off on a rock and then he went up and cleared the scene.  I actually knew both of the families and the child personally and knew that when I was working the call.  Talk about a small world. 

#5 Wally

Wally

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Interests:Reading's high on the list.
  • Company working for:none

Posted 18 December 2015 - 14:37

Wow this is a walk down memory lane.  I was on the call that I posted about flying an LE helicopter.  I dropped off my TFO off on a rock and then he went up and cleared the scene.  I actually knew both of the families and the child personally and knew that when I was working the call.  Talk about a small world. 

DPS at their best:

http://www.usatoday....vivor/77533638/

Just a pilot (retired, so I have a LOT of time)...

#6 Azhigher

Azhigher

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 22:07

It was a great job done by DPS and Air Evac (PHI). I wish I could say the same for Air Method's flight following.

Edited by Azhigher, 20 December 2015 - 22:12.

#7 Kliss

Kliss

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 23:44

I remember getting the call from the station about a helicopter down. Had to turn the flight down. dark over mountains doesnt work well for eng. i was messaging every ems pilot i know making sure it wasnt them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomeHeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Able_VRHOme200MaunaLoaVRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200DevoreHome200