Hey everyone! I've been following these forums for months and have my packet ready for the March board that convenes on the 13th. I would like to try to keep this topic solely for discussion in regards to that board and its applicants!

My stats:

GT:124

AFAST: 131

SIFT: take next week

PT: 300

College: 60 hours at 2.98

Flight: Student Pilot (30hrs fixed-wing, Former Civil Air Patrol cadet (5years)

Board: 75

LORs: Command CW5, Ret. LTCOL (Aviator), President of my University, my boss.

Extras: Youngest competitor at Ironman Louisville 2011, leadership roles through CAP.

Any thoughts? Im open to suggestions!

thanks!

-IAS

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I take my SIFT the morning of the 11th. I'll be the first person to take it here in Okinawa, Japan. As for being boarded, I'm hoping to get everything in, completed, and sent off in time to get looked at on the May board, but more than likely the July one.

I get so many cockeyed looks for being a 29 year old Marine SSgt, applying for the WOFT... I was actually about to do up one of the oh so many "Intro/progress/update" posts. I haven't seen any from Marines though, mostly NG and AD guys.....could prove to be interesting....

Will do, thanks. I've actually been talking to a SrA (Senior Airman) from the Air Force that just got selected on the January board, he reports to WOCS in August (that's gonna suck BTW, I lived just outside Ft. Rucker as a kid - Pops is a now retired CW5 Apache Driver former IP at Rucker)

JarHead I am in the same boat im a third class active duty in the navy and everyone looks at me crazy when I say WOFT and I def had to communicate with applicants from other branches to help resolve any issues/questions I had but this forum has been very helpful. good luck to those on the march board. im waiting on my physical from rucker and taking the sift in the coming weeks since my afast is meaningless now. Aiming for the May Board!!!

Not sure I understand!!

Hot and Humid. WOCS during that time is no fun. Gnats are EVERYWHERE. In your eyes, ears, mouth, and they follow you to your barracks room.

Trying to study soaked from sweat due to a smoke session in the grass..

Ahh, good times. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

Hot and Humid. WOCS during that time is no fun. Gnats are EVERYWHERE. In your eyes, ears, mouth, and they follow you to your barracks room.

Trying to study soaked from sweat due to a smoke session in the grass..

Ahh, good times. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

Sounds like a good place to call home!

stearmann are you still active duty? were you selected for the WOFT program?

Yes, I'm still AD. I'm not sure my experiences would help you much as I was a young E-3 when we invaded Panama:o) Things are most likely different now, or as Lindsey likes to say, I actually got a typed letter in the mail when I was accepted for WOFT.
  • Like 3

Yes, I'm still AD. I'm not sure my experiences would help you much as I was a young E-3 when we invade Panama:o) Things are most likely different now, or as Lindsey likes to say, I actually got a typed letter in the mail when I was accepted for WOFT.

Are you sure it wasn't received via telegraph?

• Like 2