I.am.Specialized

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Education, Helping Others

Posted 25 February 2013 - 15:22

Hey everyone,

I have completed my packet for March, however, as of today I have come to a bit of a concerning subject; the essay requirements.

I was directed by my recruiter to type a one page essay and have a handwritten copy of it. Today, however, I was told by another applicant that the essay requirements are for it to be one-page-handwritten and then type a copy of that.

My deadline for updating my packet is Friday, thus, I am trying to figure this out so I know if I need to get a new essay submitted or not.

My questions are: (1) Has anyone made the mistake I have? If so, did it matter (If you were selected)?

(2) Lined or blank paper for the handwritten?

Neither the battalion or my recruiter have said anything, and while they have been amazing thus far, I refuse to lay my career in their hands when it comes to something I can fix.

Thanks for the information!
  • AFmarksman likes this
We shall venture together, side by side, to the valley of death in which we will ride. Arrows and terrors will encompass us both, but we shall not falter as we made the oath. Brothers and sisters, all shall we stand. Brothers and sisters, locked arm and hand.

#2 Lindsey

Lindsey

VR Veteran Poster

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts
  • Interests:Autos.
  • Company working for:U.S. Army Aviation/Civilian CFI

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:03

AR 601-91 ;)

--That other applicant.

#3 SemperGumby

SemperGumby

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Skydiving

Posted 25 February 2013 - 17:44

(2) Lined or blank paper for the handwritten?

Blank piece of paper.

#4 I.am.Specialized

I.am.Specialized

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Education, Helping Others

Posted 25 February 2013 - 17:49

Blank piece of paper.

Well darn. I've submitted mine already on lined...
We shall venture together, side by side, to the valley of death in which we will ride. Arrows and terrors will encompass us both, but we shall not falter as we made the oath. Brothers and sisters, all shall we stand. Brothers and sisters, locked arm and hand.

#5 UgleeBarnacle

UgleeBarnacle

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Snowboarding, Running.
  • Company working for:The Ohio State University

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:21

While this may be late to help you, perhaps it can help future applicants!

As a professional high school student (and English class lover), most everything we write anymore is typed out on the computer and either uploaded, emailed to a teacher, or printed off and submitted. However, when it comes to hand writing on a blank piece of paper, you can make it look much nicer by placing a piece of lined paper underneath, and following the lines. Very common sense, and most have probably already thought of it! But for those who haven't...

*Edit* = I also realize that this tip has already been posted in many of the topics pinned to the top!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Essay, WOFT, Warrant Officer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

HeliHelmets-VR HomeAMTC 2018PrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200Spectrum_VRHome200LORD_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200BE_VRHome200