Advice for new EMS pilot?

I work seven day shifts in a row, then 24 hours off, then work seven nights in a row. Our operation isn't usually very busy so you can get rest during the day while on day shift and some sleep at night while on night shift. When I do the transition I try to stay up late the night of the last day. I sleep in the next day and try to get a short afternoon nap as well. This prepares me to do an all nighter if I have to. We don't get many all nighters but they do happen once in a while and you have to be prepared for them. After that I am off for 2 weeks. I like this schedule and I don't find it that long. I came from a utility operation where we worked 4-6 weeks every day before getting a week off. Everybody is different so you have to find a compromise for what works for you and your co-workers.

Are there many HEMS Operators that have longer than a 7/7 schedule?

I know a few. 2 weeks on with 2 weeks off and 2 weeks of vacation get you 6 weeks off. If you are working 7s the same strategy only gets you 5 weeks off.