National EMS Pilots Association

I'm trying to gather information about why EMS pilots are or are not members of the National EMS Pilots Association. NEMPSA.

I'm involved in the organization and they have done a lot of work in keeping this industry moving in the right direction. They are making it a safer place to work and are relatively inexpensive compared to other professional orgainzations I belong to.

So why or why not? Any constructive comments will be useful.

Thanks!!

www.NEMSPAorg

• 2 weeks later...

83 views and no replies. Any information would be appreciated. Just looking for opinions.

www.nemspa.org

2 consecutive posts from same person in same topic, and are the only posts the individual has since becoming a member. Maybe the previous 83 came to a similar conclusion that I did.

I'm no mind reader. Help me out with your conclusion?

Secret code to get a reply? Minimum number of posts?

Think I'm a troll? I guess I may be a troll, trolling for some information that just might be used to make this industry a little safer. A little better.

Take care!

2 consecutive posts from same person in same topic, and are the only posts the individual has since becoming a member. Maybe the previous 83 came to a similar conclusion that I did.

I agree with the OP. What is your conclusion?

I thought the gent asked a fair and legitimate question in a helicopter industry forum. Where else would he ask such a question besides here and on the forums of Justhelicopters.com?

I'm no mind reader. Help me out with your conclusion?

Secret code to get a reply? Minimum number of posts?

Think I'm a troll? I guess I may be a troll, trolling for some information that just might be used to make this industry a little safer. A little better.

Take care!

I have two theories:

One is that none of the 83 that read your post, are familiar with NEMSPA and may not even be EMS pilots.

The other is, of the few that maybe are EMS pilots, they either have no opinion or do not care to discuss it one way or the other.

I know one thing, if you ask the same question on the justhelicopters.com Original forum, you will get plenty of feed back. It will range from constructive to deranged . . . but you will get feedback.

I agree with the OP. What is your conclusion?

I thought the gent asked a fair and legitimate question in a helicopter industry forum. Where else would he ask such a question besides here and on the forums of Justhelicopters.com?

I came to a conclusion that the OP was mildly disguising an agenda in the form of an innocent forum question. I also sensed that the post was self serving to the OP in some way that he was not being open about. But of course, and as always I could be completely wrong.

He might not be doing any of that and my powers of deduction may be way off, but if he is doing what I suspect, he wouldn't be the first to do it on this forum.

83 views and no replies. Any information would be appreciated. Just looking for opinions.

www.nemspa.org

As a very, very former NEMSPA member, some opinions:

Admin oriented.

Minimal line pilot useful info.

Hospital based model editorial orientation.

If there was a fundamental understanding of "the job", it was lost in discussions of various arcane regulatory issues. I don't think this is "the most dangerous job in America" but it does encourage accidental suicide by stupidity, and I didn't see any of those issues addressed. So, almost a decade ago, I let my membership lapse.

Aeroscout,

No hidden agenda here. I'm part of the organization and have agreed to help out. I'm just trying to find out why people aren't a part of the organization. If the 4,000 plus EMS pilots out there were invovled, we'd have quite the voice with policy makers. NEMSPA has been a key player in several industry initiatives to include fielding NVGs in HEMS, Sleep studies to stop CAMTS from taking beds out of pilots quarters, No pressure initiative to attempt to mitigate pressure to fly. These are only the ones off the top of my head. There are a couple of new ones on the horizon that you'll be hearing about.

Wally,

I'm not sure about your experience with NEMSPA but I can assure you, the current board is made of up EMS pilots that are there for the line pilot. Our goal is to help make helicopter EMS safer than it has ever been. The only people who can really make the industry safer are the guys wiggling the sticks. Not program directors, medical directors etc. NEMSPA is trying to put tools in the hands of line pilots to help them succeed in this industry as well as improving their judgement and safety. If you haven't been around it for a while, I'd urge you to take another look. www.nemspa.org

I'll probably post this on the JH forum. I tried on the alternate site without much luck. We may have to try the "free for all" side.

Thanks!