Why I want to be an Army Aviator

Hey all new to the forums here! I'm in the process of applying for the civilian warrant officer flight training program.

Currently I'm looking to get some insight on my "why i want to do this" letter.

My credentials:

250 hour instrument rated private pilot

92 ASVAB / 64 SIFT scores

Link to google doc file -

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B76TnnvUkTHSU0tuNjZ6cGVjRzQ/edit?usp=sharing

PS.

I'm also working on my LORs which is a painfully slow process. Is there a specific format for these? Also, Must they be addressed to anyone specific?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

I'll PM you on my thoughts on your statement.

As for the LoRs I had them addressed to "warrant officer flight training selection board or WOFT select board". If your LoRs are coming from military personnel, they are similar with the format used for LoRs. If civilian, I wouldn't worry to much about the format.

Maybe you should not say that you declined going to college to pursue aviation, but explain that your economic situation and other responsibilities did not allow you to attend both, so you decided to pursue your passion and postpone (not forgo) college education. Later in your WO career you should still get a Bachelors if you want to be competitive for promotion.

• Like 3

Which is truthfully the case its just been so long struggling that it seems as if ill never have the opportunity to go back. Very good point on that though, thank you! Anything else you folks see for suggestions? Wording/ flow of the letter? Does it seem to stick to the overall topic without going too off course to you?

• 3 weeks later...

My credentials:

250 hour instrument rated private pilot

Helicopter or fixed-wing? If helicopter, how come you don't have your Commercial/CFI with that many hours yet?