Alaska State Troopers AStar crash

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/01/3-feared-dead-after-alaska-state-trooper-helicopter-crashes/

Sad deal folks.

By the way, some of the comments over on the JH site are pretty unbelievably disgusting. Anonymity has a way of bringing out the worst in people.

I know what you mean. I do agree with you almost completely. But there is a part of me that thinks there is some negative motivation that may actually have a positive effect. Maybe some will be more careful if they knew there were vultures and hyenas waiting to pick them apart for the least little mistake or error in judgement. If that is true then sadly I would say there is some lemonade in those lemons.

I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Mel on different occasions over the years. While I didn’t know him well, Mel was a great guy. Humble, as humble could be. And, while it may upset a few folks, he was a pilot first and foremost. It was obvious to me, he was very much aware of the risks and challenges involved flying a Public Safety helicopter in the state of Alaska and he took these elements very seriously.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Edited by Spike
  • Like 2