July 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

I'd watch it solely because there is lots of apache footage. Accurcy aside, Hollywood drama aside, it's a movie about army pilots. I like it in the same way that I like to watch "we were soldiers" just to see the Huey's fly in.

Plus Tommy Lee Jones is kind of iconic..

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh you can't compare Firebirds to We Were Soldiers. Sorry.

I laugh every time I see him chewing gum. When I was in flight school my 60 guest IP was being evaluated by DES, which means we were basically being evaluated by DES in the simulator. I was chewing gum because we were just doing a bunch of instrument stuff and it was pretty boring. Long story short I was asked to remove my gum from my mouth during break from the DES CW4.

He later went on to tell our guest IP that I was very disrespectful for chewing gum in the cockpit, even though I do it all the time when I fly.

Ortho consult tomorrow with the surgeon who performed my leg surgery 15 years ago. Let's see what other hoops I need to jump through after this.

• Like 1

Ortho consult tomorrow with the surgeon who performed my leg surgery 15 years ago. Let's see what other hoops I need to jump through after this.

Hope that goes well. I ended up passing through MEPS phys with no consults or waivers needed because I had my hardware taken out. With the plate still in there you should be fine but you'll just need a waiver for it. I purposefully had mine taken out before I started the process because I knew it would be a problem, plus au naturel is always better. Best of luck to you in the consult!

I laugh every time I see him chewing gum. When I was in flight school my 60 guest IP was being evaluated by DES, which means we were basically being evaluated by DES in the simulator. I was chewing gum because we were just doing a bunch of instrument stuff and it was pretty boring. Long story short I was asked to remove my gum from my mouth during break from the DES CW4.

He later went on to tell our guest IP that I was very disrespectful for chewing gum in the cockpit, even though I do it all the time when I fly.

Not sure why he cared about gum in the sim. I used to always bring gum and didn't care if my students chewed it in the sim either.

One interesting story on the sim...this one actually is true. I was part of the initial IPs going through Warrior Hall to evaluate the thing. Originally It had many bugs that had to be worked out before we could send students through. Anyway, one day I was getting out of the seat and my boot hit the emergency power off button on the lower console. Lights flashed, alarms sounded and it shutdown the system. I apologized profusely but the Warrior Hall systems guys were actually glad it happened. They looked at the button and wrote down a note to replace the cap around the button so it's raised and not level. So that's my claim to fame. The raised cap on the red button in the 60 sim is from my boot, and my clumsiness.

• Like 1

Hope that goes well. I ended up passing through MEPS phys with no consults or waivers needed because I had my hardware taken out. With the plate still in there you should be fine but you'll just need a waiver for it. I purposefully had mine taken out before I started the process because I knew it would be a problem, plus au naturel is always better. Best of luck to you in the consult!

I didn't think it would be a problem as I received a waiver 14 years ago when I joined the Marine Corps. I later started flying as a crewchief and no issues noted on behalf of the Navy/Marine Corps. The Army was cool with it at MEPS because I already had that waiver. Imagine my surprise when the Flight Surgeon said I would need an aeromedical waiver. I ain't messing around with an injury that is 15 years old (one surgery was enough). Funny part is . . . I have performed perfectly fine throughout my career in the Corps and run half-marathons on a regular basis. Just lends more credence to my argument that this application process is the first weeding-out of non-hackers. :D

• Like 2

Hello everyone! Let me start off by saying I'm new to internet forums, so I apologize in advance if I screw up with the rules/etiquette.

I was hoping to make this board, so I'm posting what stats I have now here, but I get the feeling I'll probably be waiting until at least September's board.

ASVAB: 97 AFQT, 130 GT

SIFT: 74

College: 55.5 Units with 2.31 GPA

Flight Time: PPL 76.8 Hrs

LORs: retired police captain, retired CW5, flight instructor, and Navy LT. Save for the flight instructor, all of them have known me most of my life.

Not sure why he cared about gum in the sim. I used to always bring gum and didn't care if my students chewed it in the sim either.

One interesting story on the sim...this one actually is true. I was part of the initial IPs going through Warrior Hall to evaluate the thing. Originally It had many bugs that had to be worked out before we could send students through. Anyway, one day I was getting out of the seat and my boot hit the emergency power off button on the lower console. Lights flashed, alarms sounded and it shutdown the system. I apologized profusely but the Warrior Hall systems guys were actually glad it happened. They looked at the button and wrote down a note to replace the cap around the button so it's raised and not level. So that's my claim to fame. The raised cap on the red button in the 60 sim is from my boot, and my clumsiness.

That is a pretty good story, I've hit that button on accident before throwing all my crap around the cockpit trying to get into the sim. I'm 6'5 so climbing into the right seat was always a pain in the ass.

My days 60 IP just emailed me and is down at Rucker still so I'm going to meet up with him and have a few beers. That's one thing that's cool about aviation is how many people you get to know and make friends with.

• Like 1

FLIGHT PHYSICAL APPROVED!!! What a relief!

So now I've just got the APFT and Battalion board, neither of which are until the end of June. July, here I come!

• Like 5

FLIGHT PHYSICAL APPROVED!!! What a relief!

So now I've just got the APFT and Battalion board, neither of which are until the end of June. July, here I come!

Congrats! They gave you the inch, now take a mile or two or three

:)

• Like 1

Still waiting on a flight phys appointment over here. I was told at first I would have to go to Arizona but now they're saying I'll be going to Fresno and will get a date by tomorrow at noon. Anyone ever done a Class 1 at Fresno?

Still waiting on a flight phys appointment over here. I was told at first I would have to go to Arizona but now they're saying I'll be going to Fresno and will get a date by tomorrow at noon. Anyone ever done a Class 1 at Fresno?

You can be the

guinea-pig---tan.jpg

• Like 1